Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN states Georgia football-Auburn is the biggest SEC game of the season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageESPN states Georgia football-Auburn is the biggest SEC game of the season

The Georgia-Auburn game almost always has some stakes attached to it. These two teams have had a few memorable battles, especially when both teams enter the game ranked. In 2017, Auburn took a sledgehammer to Georgia's unbeaten season, winning 40-17. Then just weeks later, Georgia returned the favor by beating Auburn

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coley/Kirby gotta open up some imagination on Offense. Running square into that defensive front of Auburns is not a winning ticket. Gotta keep that defense guessing

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, this game can't come soon enough. We need need a victory or just accept a 2+ loss season. A win to Auburn and A&M will match Bama's 2 toughest opponents (Bama still has to beat Auburn as well) and boost our resume. Obviously a win against LSU, REALLY shows us who we are.

It'll really piss me off if Bama gets to go to the Playoffs AGAIN while not making the SEC Championship game. It'll pretty much make that game pointless.

It should be a requirement that you win your division. That may be biased against the strong SEC teams, but it should be a requirement. Losing that game should also be an eliminator. If an undefeated team in the SEC champ loses, they shouldn't have a spot in the Top 4 no matter what.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2019

"As for the best case for the conference, Dinich said it would be a one-loss Georgia beating an unbeaten LSU in the SEC Championship game. That likely opens the door for getting two SEC teams into the College Football Playoff, regardless of what happens in other conferences."

"If the scenario mentioned above happens, it would leave Georgia, LSU and Alabama all with one defeat. That does potentially allow for some to make a case that Alabama should be in the College Football Playoff."

"But ESPN’s Paul Finebaum would actually side with Georgia over Alabama in that scenario."

Conner confusing me...... "Room for two"... "UGA over Bama" Well no doubt about that if UGA wins SEC? Whats he saying?

UGA definitely in if one loss and wins SECCG vs SLU ...... The question/suggestion is in this senerio .... A second team from SEC "likely gets in"? And if so, LSU or Bama.

CR pieces are so dam confusing. whats he suggesting.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If we score three touchdowns in this game, we win. Rodrigo will have at least one field goal. No way Auburn puts up more than 24. this game will require a solid performance from both sides of the ball for UGA to be victorious.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

This game at Auburn will be more difficult than a potential SECCG vs LSU. First of all, AU gave LSU all it could handle in Baton Rouge, while holding them to half of their average offensive output. Secondly, the game is at Auburn. Thirdly, AU is coming off of a bye week - the fifth such team to have a bye before playing UGA this season. I'm not optimistic.

Hell maybe Thursday, Pat Dye will say "Georgia ain't man enough to beat Auburn," and light a fire under this talented Dawgs team...

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think this game and this season will be such a pivotal point on how UGA defines themselves for not only this season, but its future as they aspire to be an elite squad every single season. I foresee that many years down the road that fans will come back to this time and reflect on the outcome of this season. As a DAWG fan, I hope its one the we all can look back on and say.. this was the season that got us over the hump (in terms of self confidence and setting a new standard).

And it all starts with Auburn @ the plains. I can't think of any other environment to be in to prove to everyone in the nation that UGA is a sleeping giant.... and it just woke up.

Go seal your destiny Georgia..

• Options
    tomdatltomdatl Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

total chaos sounds good.

UGA12 & 1

LSU 12 & 1

Bama 11 & 1

Clemson 13 & 0 against sisters of the poor.

A host of other one lost teams, conference champs or not.

My guess Bama Fans will have to get the crying towells out. We may not have been able to beat them the last two years, but we could send them packing this year without even playing them.

My main point total Chaos screams for an 8 team play off.

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

everyone knows if we have 3 one loss sec teams lsu is in over bama. cut the man some slack

• Options
    volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just to clear the comment that Finebaum said - he said that on the CFP rankings show Tuesday. It was referring to if the Dawgs had 2 losses and beat LSU who would he favor Bama or the Dawgs. And that's when he said Georgia would have found a way to win the SEC. If Georgia beats LSU while having one loss, no question Georgia is in and will probably be #3, dropping LSU to #4. That's if the other 2 top teams win out.

• Options
    volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Totally agree with that statement that Auburn will be tougher game than LSU. LSU was very fortunate to escape the Auburn game with a win.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bama has only one path in--win out and for LSU to win the SECCG, giving the Dawgs at least two losses. Likewise, UGA has only one path in--win out, including the SECCG. You can't lose this late and not pay the price. Problem is, if Dawgs lose one to either AU or TAMU, they're out, even if they win the SECCG. You're not going to the CFP as a 2-loss conference champ if there are three or four 1-loss conference champs. I think if LSU is 12-0 and loses the SECCG, they'll still get in unless it's an unholy beatdown. Clemson is very unlikely to lose, so they're in. If OSU doesn't lose, they're in. If they do lose to either PSU or Michigan, they'll have to win their conference championship to have a (good) shot. A 1-loss OSU, PSU, Oklahoma, Oregon or Utah as a conference champion is likely to fill the rest of the slots, be there one or two. The real screaming will happen if LSU, OSU and Clemson are all 13-0. Then, which of those 1-loss conference champs will get in? And over a 1-loss non-conference champion Bama? With three undefeateds, I think Bama has no shot. With two undefeateds, it's still tough. With only one undefeated team, I think they'll get in. Just like 2017. Go Dawgs! Win out and remove all doubts!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GO DAWGS!

BEAT AUBURN!

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

That and we have a bye week before the SECGC if we make it. I don't bank on winning 1 of the next 2 games.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We wanted excitement and now we have it The playoffs started as soon as we lost the South Carolina. This is another playoff game and that's it. Go Dawgs go do it!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take it to the House, Dawgs!!!! Over and over. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    AceDawgAceDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

Gotta give it to Will Muschamp. The same season he finds a way to embarrass his alma mater with an unlikely upset he may STILL get fired. Considering he did the same right before being fired at Florida, he'd be wise to never beat UGA again.