Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia clinches SEC East Division, third straight trip to SEC Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 11,081 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia clinches SEC East Division, third straight trip to SEC Championship Game

Georgia football is headed to the SEC Championship Game for a third consecutive year, matching Florida as the only programs to record the trifecta

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

East ✔️

Playoff game next week at home.

Who are we on offense?

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great game by the Dawg's! Three-peat Eastern division champs. SEC Championship bound!

I wonder if Auburn would've even scored had GA not gone to the prevent defense?

I thought Coley called a good game. The line protected Fromm again. The defense was awesome!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations DAWGS!!

Hard fought game that should have never been this close at the end. We played just good enough to win. Our defense played great up until the last 10 minutes of the game. Auburn deserves credit and kudos for their defensive play and their never-give-up play at the end. They could have tied the game in the end.

I'm not sure why our coaches changed to zone defense when that's always been a problem for us in previous games. Wolf catches that first down pass and we bleed the clock further. Nine 3-and-outs in a row means our offensive line isn't doing the job.

But, a win is a win, and clenching the East is awesome!! GO DAWGS!!

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks to two Auburn dropped passes and a botched Auburn onside kick. Unfortunately, the Dawgs have an anemic and pedestrian offense.

• VStateBlazerVStateBlazer Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don’t let the millenials catch you venting around here. They will descend upon you quickly. Always good to beat auburn, but did we take our foot off the gas?

• jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

We went to zone because that's what we do...play not to lose. It will only get us so far (as we've seen in the past). A good win, but not an impressive one.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

MG, there was nothing controversial about last year. Ga got left out of the playoffs because they were outscored 21-0 in the 2nd half. And only had what, 40 yards of offense. This year is the same thing. Get a lead, no matter how small, and then play prevent offense.

Glad they won, but I am hard pressed to think they have any chance of winning the SECCG against LSU. I may be wrong, but they sure haven't shown that they could hang with them.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Hey budknox310. although I agree with most of your post, I do STILL think we have a shot at beating LSU. We'll have to get creative and aggressive....

BUT remember, LSU barely beat this same Auburn team by 3 points...23-20....and Auburn scored more on LSU than they did on us....just a few weeks ago....

• rjallenrjallen Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Alabama topped the Bulldogs in last year’s SEC Championship Game 35-28, rallying from a 14-point deficit with 21-unanswered points in the second half."

Sound familiar? Why did we lose?

Today, our young men played their hearts out. Our defense may very well be the best in the land. For 3 quarters we skunked Auburn. We almost had a possession stolen through an onside kick. In a game where we kept Auburn from doing anything on offense, CKS elected to go with a soft zone and minimum pressure up front. Auburn's offense then scored two touchdowns in a little over 3 minutes. We came so close to blowing this game. But Auburn is not LSU, OSU, Clemson. I lauded CKS's approach to OU in 2017 but he reverted to form in the Alabama game.

Will we suffer a repeat this year....close but losing in the end? Kirby may be great recruiting, but football is not horse shoes. No one remembers who came close.

Go Dawgs.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 268 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

MontanaDawg is right on. Say what you want about our offense, but we still scored 21 on AU's vaulted defense on their home field. AU scored more on LSU AT LSU than they scored on us, while playing at home with an off week to prepare for UGA. Definitely, a LOT of room for improvement on offense. Too many three and outs, lots of punting for us. Camarda, overall, had a really good day. We absolutely dominated for three quarters and relaxed and let AU back into the game. Wolf catches that pass and the game might have been over - right in his hands. Also, headlines are going to say we "hung on" but AU was just hoping to tie the game, not win it.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That is true. But why do they still have to try a be ball control? LSU has 31 points, 400 yards and a 6 minute t.o.p advantage AT THE HALF.

Aub did score more, but LSU doesn't have the best defense. Ga got a lot of extra possessions because of the defense. But also gave aub a whole bunch of extra possessions due to the 3 and outs. We give LSU, just 5 extra possessions, they may score 21-28 extra points.

If the offense is still trying to not show too much, it almost cost them. 3 of 15 on 3rd downs? Fromm around 45% again. 250 yards of offense. 5 less minutes of t.o.p. It was just embarrassing. 20 yards in the 4th qtr. That is my point, wearing down opposing defenses in the sec is a pipe dream. So might as well just score.