Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher: Aggies aim to match Georgia 'physicality and toughness'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageTexas A&M's Jimbo Fisher: Aggies aim to match Georgia 'physicality and toughness'

Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher knows how to win the big games, and his Aggies won't be intimidated by Georgia after playing Alabama and Clemson earlier this season

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jimbo's teams are always soft, especially on the LOS. They are gonna be over matched, they can't hang in the LOS battle for 4 quarters.

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

would like to see Dawgs try to get the offense rolling this week and again vs Tech. 21 points against LSU won't work.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jimbo is a ton of hype....but he is paid well for it....and he is producing slowly but surely. The Dawgs can handle them but will be tested....I assure you. He has nothing to lose here and will go all out with trick plays and lots of down and out patterns. They will key on Fromm, so beware Jake....they are after you. They do score as can be seen in their losses: 28 against Bama and 20 against Auburn. Their defense is what let them down. UGA should be able to overcome any major resistance by the 4th qtr. Hopefully, most of the UGA injured are ready to suit-up by game day. Swift should pile up the yardage against the A&M defense. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

@UGA66 - How did they beat SCAR so bad? I expected them to win, but not like they did.

Someone said that SCAR's D has been decimated, but I haven't had a chance to see what they meant. Plus, it's like SCAR used everything to beat us, and have been falling apart ever since. The SCAR Pres has even admitted to calling FSU to find out how they bought out Taggart's contract, if I understand that correctly.

Before the season started, I was afraid of this game the most because aTm is an opponent we don't regularly play, and thought they would be improved over Jimbo's first season.

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m pressed to say that this game fits under the cliche’ “trap game”. A big win over the Barn Eagles, that a lot of pundits had us losing, an upcoming JV team on the flats next week and then all eyes looking ahead to see who will come out the victor when Burrow meets the infamous “nameless D” (With more 5* than the whole UF roster).

I'm hoping Kirby and Co. is not forgetting a quiet team out of the West that has been building momentum over the past month. If we don’t slow down their offensive attack, this could be a close one. I suspect our lines will out-physical theirs and we’ll control the clock and time of possession. Swift has a big game and UGA wins by 10....then on to Cincinnati

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loranwhaddayagot....Thanks for the Post. You see this a lot in NCAA football as you well know......unranked team beats top 5 or 10 then falls apart. It has happened more than once this year. I don't have firsthand knowledge of Taggart buy out. Cannot really respond to that.

A&M has been lurking there on the UGA schedule. Now it becomes a reality....CFP hangs in the balance. Jimbo will give UGA many "looks" on defense and offense to pull off the major upset. You will see trick plays....etc. But in the end, UGA will dominate. Fromm is playing much better now and hitting his targets. ."D'Andrae will work his magic on the open field and Herrien will back him up. The defense is banged up a bit as is the OL. Most should play on Saturday, according to Coach Smart. UGA defense is solid and is creating openings for QB sacks...! Dawgs are looking good! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks for the article Mike. It is always interesting to hear what the other coaching staff thinks about UGA and watching their entire presser to get that information can ne monotonous.

I enjoy reading commentary from Dawg Fans in this section, after each article, provided it is original. Folks, stating the obvious is a waste of time-@UGA66.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully our Head Coach will try to pile on, as he could have last Saturday. Kirby Smart's offensive philosophy? Get 2 scores ahead, and hold on for dear life. Come on Kirby, it is "style points" time. If you can kick a team's ass, kick it. Don't let the loser's HC brag about about his team "stuffing your team in the 4th Quarter."

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA66, I'm sorry, but when has UGA ''dominated" lately? We get ahead a couple scored then shut the offense down and hope and pray the Defense can take care of the game. Maybe you could call the Mizzou game a domination, because for some reason, we didn't let them score the last couple of scores in the game. We could have beaten Auburn 35-0, but once again Kirby did what he always says he won't do the "Next Time." Sit on a lead, with 3-And-Outs galore, in fact 9 of them vs Auburn. Buddy we are a long ways from being a dominating team, with each of those Top 20 victories each and every one to **** close for comfort. I'm thinking there's another one coming this Saturday.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think it will be a close game. Get there early and be loud DAWGS. Crowd could be the difference.

Their QB is so unpredictable. Reminds me of Franks, but a little better. He could have a big day running around and hitting receivers or he could totally bomb. I trust in our defense and think we can shut down their running game. If their QB struggles early, watch Fisher start riding him and destroy his confidence. They have nothing to lose and would see this as a signature win.

I think we can move the ball on them offensively and some of our short passes will turn into long gains, if we hit the right match up. Look out for short crossing patterns, screen plays, and draws, those may turn into big plays. If Cager plays the whole game and is "functionally" healthy, we will score some points.

Let's go DAWG fans, early an LOUD!!!! Let' make a difference!!!

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

TXam is not an elite program but Jimbo Fisher is a better coach than those coaches in the east that we face every year. They should swap mizzou and txam just to make the east more compatible like it was during the Mark Richt's era. Now we won't be battle-tested until we face a quality opponent from the west. After losing to the gamecocks, I just don't know what to expect from this team anymore.