Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football vs. Texas A&M Live Updates: News, injuries detailed scoring

2»

Comments

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's as bad as the Dawgs can play and still win...and yes, Fisher was right.....They missed 3 or 4 calls that could have made a difference

• Options
    KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

That was so much more painful than it needed to be.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does any Dawg fan HONESTLY believe we are the fourth best team in the country right now? Does any Dawg fan Honestly believe we can beat LSU in two weeks? And I HONESTLY don't know what has happened to Fromm. Yes, Cager was out but Jake's passes were uncatchable even if the Jolly Green Giant was playing receiver. He's lost something and his stats from the past three games back that up. He's now had three straight games where he's been under 50 percent in completions. I'm hoping (praying) that he's fooling us and will just ball out against LSU. But I admit I don't believe that. Thank God for our defense (through three quarters).

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we had an offense we would be a top 4 team. If we ever get behind in a game , we won’t have the offense to catch up

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hummm..played a lot like they did in SC game ..at home.....and yet won this time! Rain? Gloves on off, Jake same. Look at Pickens TD...suspect? So, what does UGA do? Hike to Blankenship? Mond had a far better day than Fromm did and lost. Kudos to the big D...they seem to win the games for UGA. I have to say this....do we have to now WORRY about GA Tech? I suspect UGA may drop behind Bama to 5th. Bama had a day of light scrimmage...ridiculous. A&M takes on LSU next Sat. Amazing...UGA is 10-1!!!!! I am at a loss for words. GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Championship DEFENSE AND SANDLOT OFFENSE. Mistake to have gone with Coley. LSU gets a guru to Drew Brees.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another game we should have won going away, instead we turn them into nail-biters.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fields turned the ball over 3 times I believe today. And still dominated that game. Over 500 yards of offense. And still won, no excuses.

I'm sick of hearing about the weather. Everyone has to play in rain on occasion. Fromm is killing his draft stock. Not being able to throw a wet ball? Here's a secret, "it rains in the NFL". This is a team that gave up 27 points to Arkansas!!!! ARKANSAS. And the td should of never counted. That was blatant facemask on Pickens.

If Kirby keeps trying to let his defense end the game, it is going to come back and bite them. This is the 3rd game that, all the other team needed was one missed assignment on defense, and Ga loses. Hate to say it, but auburn could of won that game if the qb just hits the rb in the flat.

Unfortunately, I just have a feeling the offense is going to come up short when it matters the most. Because they have all year.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Thank gosh for our awesome defense, Rod, and D'Andre. I'm not sure where Fromm and our offense has gone, but after seeing Fields play for Ohio State today I am feeling a bit jealous of them (Despite the turnovers he was awesome)

We'd better figure out how to move the ball, or the SEC Championship game may be a long one...but, keep winning and we may stumble into the playoff in spite of our offense...GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

what concerns me is a potential shoulder injury for Fromm. It seems obvious that he cannot throw with any velocity and his accuracy is shot.

The only positive take away today was they learned in short yardage you need to in up behind the center and not in the shotgun. Not only does it bring the backs closer to the line, it allows your lineman to be in a down stance and gain leverage against the defensive line.

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

First, when is the last time you really enjoyed watching an entire game? Kirby has to be a genius recruiting, building a great defense and calling defensive plays...........until a very talented group of players on offense find their way to a small lead. The offense does not seem to be a 'team', more like a group of very talented players. Lots of potential, great potential but we are not playing like a team of national championship statue on offense..

We played better in the first five games or so but really, the offense has not played well since 2017. Why? We simply do not have an independent coaching voice for the offense. Our 'coordinator' is a junior position coach standing in the shadow of a great defensive genius. CKS is not a genius when it comes to offensive game management. Great honors, large amounts of money and high status tend to change folks. They like it up in the stratosphere and tend to become very risk adverse.

The sad fact is our beloved team is in rut that extends back the the National Championship game. Once we are ahead, the offensive horns are drawn in and play calling becomes very predictable. The great defense becomes soft zone fare less 'havoc'. This all works well for the average and cup cake opponents. Not so much for teams will equal talent, teams with true national championship potential.

The answer, play every play like it is the key winning play of the game. If man to man coverage/ creative rushing attacks on the QB- havoc on the defense has frozen out the opponents offense, keep it up. Stay with who you brought to the dance. You know, I am sure we miss some exciting and very good prospects because we play such a vanila offense. I like ball control schemes but but it, alone will not win national championships alone in 2020s and beyond.

The above just seems to be common sense.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As good as the defense has been, they really got outplayed in the passing game. A&M threw the same passes that LSU does. And they were successful. LSU has a better qb, rb, and receivers. Sorry to say if the offense goes 3 and out too much, this could turn into a blowout quickly.

BTW- did anyone see Swift start running off the field anyone the end? During his interview, he seemed really bothered by this offensive philosophy. Even if he wanted to stay, I really don't think he would anyway. CKS is on his way to basically have nothing but 3* offensive players committing to play at ga. Just my opinion

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for mentioning this. I have been thinking the same. If true, Georgia might just permanently ruin Jake's health and future. I hope this is not true. I hope whatever is bothering Jake is not serious or long term. God bless him.

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

100% sure it won't be in the rain against LSU, so we got that going for us, which is nice..... However, as troubling as it seems that Jake couldn't hit the Gulf of Mexico from an oil rig, even his teammates were visibly questioning his "outstanding game management" skills as well yesterday. Did you see Deandre Swift jump all over Jake when the Aggies shifted to load up and bring the corner in on our left side, and Jake checked down to run to that exact spot and we got stuffed again? When your running back is openly chastising the quarterback for his inept mental moves in a critical spot in the fourth quarter, it may be time to circle the wagons, the Indians are here.