Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stock report: Bullish on defense against Texas A&M

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football stock report: Bullish on defense against Texas A&M

Georgia football had a four-quarter fight on its hands against Coach Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M on Saturday at Sanford Stadium

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawgleash2019Dawgleash2019 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Just as much as we won, we lost. Our offense is the laughing stock of the nation. The defense is spent and obviously we are worse than previously thought. We are pedestrian at best. Mond outplayed Fromm and he throws with intent between the hashes. Whether Fromm goes or stays I am concerned. The receivers are doable but there is plenty to improve on. I am just exhausted, I never thought that I would miss the guy that went to Tennessee.

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

Mike Griffith that was Tyson CAMPBELL not Zamir White that didn’t recover the onside kick....before u criticize a player make sure you get the right person. Stock Down....Mike Griffith!

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

The explosive plays we had over the past two years prior to this season are missing for a number of reasons

1. blocking downfield by receivers
    2. separation by receivers
    3. Offensive schemes by Foley
    4. and last, but not least, Fromms inconsistency at QB and uncharacteristic inaccurate throws and missing open receivers because his eyes get locked in on one receiver. He used to check down and look at his other options more in prior seasons

does he not trust his receivers? It seems both QB and receiver are rarely on the same page. Plus D Rob missed a well thrown ball because his eyes diverted to the oncoming safety

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our defense will need some help from the offense to beat LSU

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What NFL team is going to draft a QB who can't throw if it rains? Seriously? Jake might as well return next season, his stock is falling fast.

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I actually thought coley called a better than average game. Jake missed at least two touchdowns possibly three. I keep waiting for this offense to show signs of waking up but it just doesn’t happen. The reverse to Jackson was a nice wrinkle and can we please throw some more slants. I love Jake but it seems he has regressed some. 33-6. I’ll still take that guy over most. Cager was missed today hopefully two weeks of rest for him and some practice and we get better. I wouldn’t spend a second watching tape for next week. Kicking field goals won’t beat LSU... our defense is straight nasty and will keep us in any game against anyone

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was a game of missed opportunities. The plays were there to be made on offense. Halfway through the second quarter, I lost count of the wide open receivers that Fromm badly missed. If he had had just an average game, the offense more than likely scores 2 or 3 more touchdowns, the defense isn't as tired in the second half, and this would have been a comfortable win. Not surprisingly, people are blaming Coley.

There was the dropped first down deep in our own territory, the missed onside kick recovery. A lot had to go wrong for this game to be close. I'm at a point where I don't know what we're going to get from Fromm from one game to the next. But I think it's safe to say that if/when he plays well, this team's got a shot against anybody.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our defense played SO well most of the game. The D kept Mond in check and stuffed their running game. Impressive!!

I'm not sure what happened with our pass coverage on that one late TD, but my guess is we either started playing zone and/or playing too soft. We got lucky on a couple of pass interference calls that probably should have gone against us.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Defend the run and the outside passing game and our offense is toast! I don't understand how a junior QB that has been discussed as a first round pick has virtually no ability and/or desire to throw between the numbers.

I'm a Kirby fan, BUT he is not going to be a great coach until he has as much passion for his offense as he does for his defense. Kirby loves his defense but fears his offense. Love expands, fear constricts. Where Kirby frees the defense to take advantage of the ability and athleticism of the players, he seems to almost strangle the life out of the offense. Is it not obvious he has instilled in Jake such fear of making a mistake that Fromm is afraid to put the ball anywhere near a defender? If anything, Jake has regressed from his freshman year when he didn't know he didn't know. Now, he is fully aware of what Kirby wants and he delivers...take no chances, make no mistakes. Jake is totally hamstrung by the fear of his HC!

• Options
    GsdawgGsdawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior

This team is what it is. Average offense with an average QB who seems to be more and more inaccurate and making bad decisions, overrated O-line which can’t run block good defenses, and average receivers who either can’t run routes or separate. Opponent defenses know they can load the box cuz no one is afraid of the Dawgs passing game. Our defense is superb, but in all of the Dawgs losses in the last three years they get stuck on the field way too much and get worn down and give up our lead. The best defense is always linked to a good offense which takes time off the clock.

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dang, you'd think we lost looking at the boards. As bad as our offense seems, they still scored more than the other team. Defense was helped by the refs a couple of times at the end, but it shouldn't have been that close. Luckily we won't have to worry about rain from here on out (next week won't matter....) so Fromm should be okay there. I think the pressure may be finally getting to Fromm though. He wants to go out a winner. However, he needs to stay another year. Most of his receivers will be back and ready to play. And honestly, his draft stock is going to take a hit, I don't care what all the commentators say.

I honestly think Smart is holding some things back on offense on purpose. Where did all those plays in the 4th quarter come from? Why did they wait so long?? Smart man plays chess not checkers.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't think the 4th ranked team in the nation has any part of it's game that is "the laughing stock of the nation". This is a TEAM game and our TEAM won. I simply cannot understand those of you who cannot appreciate a great team while we have it.