Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

D'Andre Swift: 'For us to get to where we want to go, we have to get better on offense''

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageD'Andre Swift: 'For us to get to where we want to go, we have to get better on offense''

ATHENS — As Georgia finished off its slog of a win over Texas A&M, Kirby Smart made it a point to find junior running back D'Andre Swift. Following the 19-13 win over the Aggies Smart tracked down Swift and fellow junior Andrew Thomas. The three huddled up and shared a moment together. It wasn't quite as

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

100% sure it won't be in the rain against LSU, so we got that going for us, which is nice..... However, as troubling as it seems that at times Jake couldn't hit the Gulf of Mexico from an oil rig, even his teammates are now visibly questioning his "outstanding game management" skills as well. I saw Deandre Swift jump all over Jake when the Aggies shifted to load up and bring the corner in on our left side, and Jake checked down to run to that exact spot and we got stuffed again? When your running back is openly chastising the quarterback for his inept mental moves in a critical spot in the fourth quarter, it may be time to circle the wagons, the Indians are here.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mr Swift, thx for playing with not only a lot of talent but a lot of heart as well

• Options
    tomdatltomdatl Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

If our offense was just decent we would not be in these do or die moments at the end of the games. I for one do not believe this is on inexperienced receivers (they all have 11 games under their belts). We really don't seem to have a real identity on offense other than our offense stinks.

Great defense keeps you in games lousy offense keeps the other team in the game. We have elite athletes at the receiver positions, we have supposedly the best offensive line in college football, we have the #1 running back in the upcoming NFL draft, and we have a 3rd year starter at QB that was supposed to be in the running for the Heisman. Where is our weakness on offense. I was not impressed with our previous OC, but believe we would be in a totally different spot with him versus what we have going for us now.

How did the Falcons go from totally inept for 8 games on defense to world beaters the last 2 weeks. They did not get new players.

GT is a scrimmage and we need it. UGA can beat LSU, but unless we miraculously start clicking on offense we will be relying on our Defense which means we have to play perfect in every other area, turnovers and penalties and some how squeak out at least 28 points.

Maybe it will all come together and our offense will pull a 360 and run up 500 yards on LSU. I pray that is the case but we have seen this for 11 games does anyone think the magic light switch is going to turn on.

Looks like we all have to come the realization that we are going to have to sit on the edge of our seats and depend on a dominant defesnse and perfect play in every other facet of the game.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Vetdog, you are right.....Smart has him still trying very hard not to lose. It is like UGA is afraid to lose...so they play not to win, just mainly counter punch the opponent, therefore you are witnessing as conservative football as I have seen! Even D'Andre Swift got in Fromm's face for that ridiculous "stuffed" play...bless his heart!! That was Pop Warner style football. Unbelievable. HELLO UGA!!!!...LSU will run up the score on you with their run and gun offense!!! Take it to the bank. You have to score touchdowns not kick interminable field goals...Blankenship is UGA's top scorer!!!!! Enough said. I hear from Smart and every player..."we have to do better"...really? Jaded talk. Is it Coley? Smart? What is it? Two fairly decent games: Florida and Auburn. Note: even then each game was by only six or seven points. What is 4th quarter for the Dawgs...nap time!!!!?? Oh, they get "tired" says CKS. I should think so the defense is on the field most of the time.

Wake up Puppies.......the SEC Championship is on the line once again!!! LSU is rated #1 (maybe not after yesterday...Ohio State looked awesome). Anyway, at the very least #2 and are playing far above UGA ...in my opinion. Someone light a FIRE under the Dawgs! Cut out this "consarned" up the gut football....it's not going to work against LSU. PLAY HARD....TO WIN and all four quarters and hope, yes, hope for dry weather. Sorry for the rant! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i would love to know, what percentage of potential do we as fans feel this team is performing?

im calling 65% of their potential.

I say, it’s time to push the boat out and see if it floats! Jake have fun! Defense keep doing you!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

"Blankenship is UGA's top scorer!!!!! Enough said."

Historically, yes. It's common for a program's or franchise's top scorer to be an experienced kicker. Every time anyone scores a touchdown (typically distributed across multiple players each game), the kicker gets a point. And most games include at least one or two field goals. Kickers rarely get injured, and they don't rotate in and out like runningbacks and receivers, so when you find a good one who keeps his job for a long time, it really adds up.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear ya, E_Roc, I was trying to drive home a point that UGA needs to score TDs. Yes, I am aware field goal kickers can rack up the points over time, Thanks. Good comment.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How about the missed handoff to Zeus, was that a mental error from Jake? I sense that for some reason Fromm is starting to doubt himself, I hope I'm wrong.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I thought Mathis was the one who required brain surgery. Fromm showing some disturbing symptoms.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DGD! Deandre Swift

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with you @tomdatl ? Someone needs to be asking how Fromm regressed so badly over time. And it's not just that he lost his top receivers from a year ago. Had he played like this last year, he would have lost his job to Justin Fields and we'd be having a lot different conversations now. But this article was about Swift and he is, without a doubt, a DGD. He deserves all of his accolades. But that said, he's been saying for a month now, that the offense needs to get better. We agree. But why hasn't it? (Frankly, I've been worried about our offense since the Vandy game when we scored 24 points in the first half and then only 6 in the second). I've mentally tried to resign myself that we will once again lose the SECCG, but I'm REALLY HOPEFUL that CKS won't get stubborn and refuse to make a change at OC. I know Coley is a great recruiter, but so is Kirby, yet Saban is still recruiting at a high level without him. And Dabo and Co. seem to be doing OK without EITHER Coley or Smart. We need someone who can not only call the right plays during the game, but can also develop QBs and come up with the right schemes during the practice week. I'm just not seeing that -- and no, we don't need Chaney back.

Finally, did ANY journalist (sportswriter, broadcaster, freelancer) ask Swift HIMSELF what he said to Jake. We keep hearing what Smart said about it and of course, he put a positive spin to it. But someone actually TALKED to Swift and Fromm. Why haven't we seen any quotes from them about what was said?