Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Georgia coach Kirby Smart: Frustrated by 'inability to put people away'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Georgia coach Kirby Smart: Frustrated by 'inability to put people away'

Georgia got a hard-fought 19-13 win over Texas A&M, but Coach Kirby Smart is concerned with his team's inability to put games away quicker

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    mnbdawgmnbdawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

The fans are also frustrated with the coaches decision to take the air out of the ball with only a slim lead. the last two games we have had good leads only to try to play not to lose and not play to win.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ahh CKS you are so right.....Jake Fromm just could not get the job done to put them away.....wet fingers, I guess. Maybe Commit Carson Beck can help next season. Except for Swift, they outgunned UGA on most fronts but not defense! That was the game...DEFENSE! Jimbo Fisher cannot deny UGA's defense and the best running back in college ball...D'Andrae Swift!!! UGA shiould have put them away, yes. They are not the caliber team UGA is....but it did not happen....again. I assure you.....LSU will not end up as an A&M if UGA continues to play sub par NCAA championship football. I even have concerns with upcoming GA Tech if it rains!! Seriously. But I do believe we will defeat the "insects." It is LSU....I wish UGA could give us another Florida or Auburn win...for that tilt. Oh how I wish. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

'We've got to improve'...

How many times have we heard this broken record?

Thank gosh for our defense, Rod, and D'Andre!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a Kirby fan, BUT he is not going to be a great coach until he has as much passion for his offense as he does for his defense. Kirby loves his defense but fears his offense. Love expands, fear constricts. Where Kirby frees the defense to take advantage of the ability and athleticism of the players, he seems to almost strangle the life out of the offense. Is it not obvious he has instilled in Jake such fear of making a mistake that Fromm is afraid to put the ball anywhere near a defender? If anything, Jake has regressed from his freshman year when he didn't know he didn't know. Now, he is fully aware of what Kirby wants and he delivers...take no chances, make no mistakes. Jake is showing signs of being totally hamstrung between the ears by the fear of his HC!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The defense is the best we have had since the title game, the offense is a dumpster fire. something is up with Jake, but we are going to ride or die with him because the backup is leading his team into the playoffs in ohio at this time....WTH?

• Options
    DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fromm is not a good QB. He was taught by Chaney his Freshman year that you'll never go broke taking a nickel (checkdown). Fromm doesn't have the arm talent to take chances and his accuracy has been horrible the last 3 games. It's not on Coley, Fromm is hard headed and won't change (see his ball flip/spin once he receives the ball, HORRIBLE HABIT).

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

DDub- I agree, Fromm may have been coached by Chaney, but the below average numbers are on him and CKS. Because the TN qb just played the a better version of Mizz than Ga did (Bryant played). And their qb just put up 415 or so yards, had over 500 total yards and only had the ball for 31 1/2 minutes. Where Ga had the ball for OVER 35 minutes, put up 330 or so yards with around 170 in the air. This is a pure coaching philosophy and talent at the qb position. Everyone says Fromm is super intelligent, which I will not argue, but changing the play from the left side run to the right side run with 8 in the box,to pick up 0-1 yard vs losing yards, I don't think that is that big of a deal. When the correct change would of been ANY kind of passing play.

Fromm definitely has his limitations, with arm strength, accuracy sometimes, and definitely with a wet ball. But,a lot of this is in a coaching philosophy. Ga has 1 less playmaker on offense then all the other top teams, because Fromm just doesn't have the ability to run.

I have made this comment before, but CKS is on his way of recruiting 15. 5* defensive players in each class, but won't get nothing but 3* offensive players, maybe besides o-line. Mainly because they aren't given the opportunity to showcase their talents. So why come to Ga?

I have an open question. Has James Cook even played in 4 games yet? If not, is he hurt? If not, I am feeling a redshirt and an the transfer portal coming up. If he has played in more than 4 games, still doesn't mean he won't transfer.

Kirby's whole philosophy has not worked lately. The offense can't even get first downs to rest the defense, which is now getting tired late in the game. It is his team that is getting worn out. A dominant offense to me isn't one that puts up 60 points in every game, it's one that can move the ball at will and chew up clock and score at will. Not to get up by 14 points early and have to hang on at the end with a defensive stop. Just my opinion.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Watching the game yesterday, I thought we won. After reading a half dozen articles on this forum today, imagine my horror to find out we lost! Fans of a winning team couldn't think, much less publish, these comments if we actually were 10 and 1, going to the SEC championship and possibly to the playoffs, could they? I feel I am visiting the Twilight Zone after reading today's "fan" reactions.

• Options
    tomdatltomdatl Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby if the offense converted just 2 out of our 4 fieldgoals into TDs the game would have been put away.

This is an offense issue and it is not with the players.

• Options
    RVNdrafteeRVNdraftee Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

I fear LSU will embarrass the Dawgs in the SEC championship game. Our offense is lousy.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

A better offense would put away teams.