Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Georgia MLB Monty Rice: Bulldogs fighting to thrive, not just survive

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Georgia MLB Monty Rice: Bulldogs fighting to thrive, not just survive

Georgia football middle linebacker Monty Rice rejects 'survivor' label, says Bulldogs are fighting to thrive en route to SEC Championship Game

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Defense always gives you a chance. I won't be surprised if the Dawgs pitch another shutout against Tech and hold LSU to their season low on offense.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great attitude. Winning perspective. I like it very much indeed.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike Griffith....always trying to put words (n the player’s mouths, but Monty never falls for your line. Monty is a great player and leader on this team and he is a true Warrior!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Monty!! DGD

• Options
    AskBillyBAskBillyB Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited November 2019

DGD! Mike, 'Thrive vs. Survive' discussion aside, I don't give a toot about the committee's *eye test* ...it's late November, and UGA is still in the CFP conversation... again... for the 3rd year in a row! Feels so good for this program to simply be RELEVANT again.

It wasn't so long ago (2016) that Ole Miss beat our Dawgs 45-14... same year as an unwatchable 24-10 performance in Jax, during which Georgia had literally no hope of winning. Lost 17-16 to Vandy... VANDY!?!? And didn't we lose to (gulp) Ga Tech in 2016, too?!?!

In a very short time, players like Rice and Kirby Smart and his staff have ELEVATED this program to -- dare I say it? -- Dooley heights. With all due respect to the Shreveports of the college football world, I must confess I don't miss the annual trips the Independence, Outback & Liberty bowls.

All of this, with nothing on the horizon to indicate Dawgs returning to mediocrity anytime soon. Thank you, Monty, and thank you, Kirby!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Monty Rice walks his talk....a bit glib...but true. The players see things differently than the armchair QBs like myself. When they hit that field...game on! It is their war ..we armchair it. They want to "thrive" not just survive...that is why they play the game. Coaches may strategize the game plan but players execute. They see their opponent eye to eye. Mano a mano. Coaches wince, grimace and holler but players execute. They win or lose in that execution. Monty Rice executes. He is a warrior....he plays to win! Monty is the poster boy for the UGA team many times. He has that attitude coaches like. He knows his assignment......tackle the opponent hard and often. One big Atta Boy for Monty!!! GO DAWGS!