Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dabo Swinney cites UGA in rant about playoff committee being unfair to Clemson

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageDabo Swinney cites UGA in rant about playoff committee being unfair to Clemson

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney apparently had has enough of listening to the endless criticism about his team’s weak schedule this season. After the No. 3-ranked Tigers whipped South Carolina 38-3 on Saturday, Swinney was asked about the importance of the rival win. Swinney was fully prepared for the question, and he

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dabo can pound sand. Sick of his “aw shucks” routine. Clemson May be really good this year but they have had no test. They literally are in playoff before the season starts because ACC is trash. SC game was a fluke for UGA but it is what it is - We beat AU, UF, ND and the rest of our schedule is better as well. Not Clemson’s fault their conference is trash but they don’t deserve to be in it with a loss.

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Notre Dame, Fla,auburn,a&m.. Who they played

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

THIS dude is funny. He is trying to over compensate for the dumpster fire that is the ACC. Yes, we've lost to South Carolina but we've picked up 4 top 25 wins and what has he picked up?? And playing another hapless ACC team in the ACC Championship. It isn't like he's not going to get in. That's the head scratcher. He save that whining for next season.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dabo...you sat in 5th place at the outset of the season...remember? FCP committee knows how weak the ACC is and now you're 3rd and blaming a UGA loss to SC for your ranking possibility woes?? I will say this...Clemson, I do not believe, could beat Ohio State or LSU at this point in the season...and UGA would give you all you can handle as well. Stop whining. It is unbecoming a coach of your caliber. So you beat a crumbling SC..so what? Other teams beat them...lesser teams than Clemson. Did they blame UGA for their standing? Many ranked teams have seen the boot heel of an unranked opponent this season. It happens....it is part and parcel of college football. You should know that better than anyone. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't get his need to put us in his argument. We dropped fairly significantly when we lost but because of our continued winning against ranked teams, we are in the top 4. It's not their fault the ACC has been down for years and it probably would keep them out if they lost to Virginia in the conference championship game. The voters have not favored us beyond what we've earned on the field. I will defend Clemson on this: I think it's ridiculous that they aren't number one considering their talent level and the fact they haven't lost a game since 2017. I think Ohio State is better but I'd still rank Clemson first and let it be settled on the field.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Dabo, so UGA should have lost to Tennessee or not?...ya know, since football is so linear.

SCAR has only won 1 game since they beat us.

A&M beat them 30-6...The same SC team that beat us is not the same team that lost to Clemson today.

The UGA loss was an absolute fluke, just like the Clemson loss to UNC would have been...UNC could have taken the game to OT, but they went for 2 and missed on the last play of the game.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Poor little Dabo’s feelings have been hurt. He feels bullied by the committee. Dabo just validated what the committee has been saying by using their win over South Carolina as their signature win because SC beat Georgia. Don’t worry Dabo, the committee is not going to kick y’all out.

Dabo’s rant is hilarious and reminds me of UCF’s co champion rant.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey clem’s son’s daboo, you come play an sec schedule and see if you’re still undefeated. I assure you that you wouldn’t. Please. See definition of sore winner, his picture would be there. You would be tied with Kentucky in the sec east and in the cellar in the sec west. But thanks for the early bulletin board material in case we beat Lsu and meet y’all in the playoffs.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Someone's feeling mighty defensive.

Not a good look. Why get so bothered about nothing. Just don't lose the pitiful ACC Championship and you're in...

• Options
    MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

They have been ranked in the top 4 every week of the CFP rankings, so get over it. Prior to those rankings, the others are irrelevant. Sounds like he listens too much to what the media sys about his team. Maybe that's why his team has had a loss or scare for the past 4 seasons. In 2016, they lost to Pitt. In 2017 they lost to Syracuse. Last year they almost lot to Syracuse again. Then this year they almost lost to North Carolina. And if I recall, they made the playoffs those years, and will again if they win next week.

The difference between them and UGA is the quality wins for the Dawgs and lack of them for Clemp-son. They can't help that the ACC is weak, but they have been given credit for winning because they're #3 in the country. Win and you're in. All of the people is he supposedly referring to have absolutely no say so in the CFP voting. Quit crying and play the game. Besides if they get booted out, it will most likely be Utah that benefits, not UGA. He's setting himself up for a whoopin'!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many teams would be undefeated if they didn't have to play a top 25 team during the regular season? The way the playoffs are set up, there are 123 D-1 teams fighting for three playoff spots...and Clemson. Dabo, be thankful the ACC is still recognized as a manor conference in football, then just shut up!!

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

One other common opponent. We beat Georgia Tech by more than Clemson did, and it was an away game for us versus a home game for Clemson. Man, the stench of that South Carolina is pretty bad though. If we'd won that game, and if we lose to LSU then there's the real debate - would a UGA team that lost to the #1 team in the country be more deserving that an undefeated Clemson team? SEC versus ACC was 3-1 today by my count. UGA, UK, and Florida all won. UGA-Tech and Clemson-SC were real mismatches so throw them out to get 2-0. Guess we'll settle this in 2024 unless there's a sooner bowl matchup. Would be hilarious if we beat LSU and them curb-stomp Clemson in the playoff ...

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Playing the victim has always been Swinney's strong suit. I might have thought the well would be dry by now, as many times as he's gone to it. But people look at their wins from week to week with a yawn since none of them have come against anyone, and obviously he can't complain about having actually been wronged in any way by any voters, so it's time to start whining about some other team being ranked only one spot below his.

I don't doubt that he's fielding a strong team. And with a schedule that comically watered down, it's easy to see how complacency would be a serious concern. And so it goes, that time of year where he needs to go and drum up some concocted "us against the world" nonsense for the umpteenth time.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

And everyone points fingers at the PAC 12 for being the weak conference? Dabo just needs to shut up and take his free ride to the CFP while at Clemson & bide his time until Saban retires then he can come coach in a real football conference. Of course if FSU is smart enough to bring in PJ Fleck, Dabo maybe looking in the rearview mirror at his CFP days sooner rather than later. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA getting home cooking for anything, from anybody?....Sorry coach but that just doesn't happen.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Screw Dabo.. Who names a kid that?

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has Clemson beaten a “top 25” team? Just saying?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nope, they haven't even played a ranked team this season, easy path to the playoffs every year when you play a High School schedule..