Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

LSU favored over Georgia, first time Bulldogs are underdogs this season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,491 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageLSU favored over Georgia, first time Bulldogs are underdogs this season

LSU is favored to beat Georgia in the SEC Championship Game next Saturday in Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, its the first time the Bulldogs have been underdogs all season

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dallas1862Dallas1862 Posts: 43 ✭✭ Sophomore

This will be a massive test that requires the very best effort from all phases of the team/game we can muster.

Certainly by now CKS has established the means to draw out the level of effort the Team has too put forth. The leaders of the Team have to step up as well.

No doubt Coah O has the tigers playing some very passionate ball as the season unfurled. The one area of 'weakness' they have compared to last year in Death Valley is the defense hasn't been as stifflingas last year. Jake Fromm must take advantage of this if we are too be victorious. He has the benefit of having played in the SEC CG the last two years. Something LSU do not. That might be just enough to give us the win and secure our spot in the playoff! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KIRBY: “We’ll go through our normal week, you guys will make a bigger deal out of it, and we’ll prepare the same way we always to do, put the best plan together we can and go throw our team out there.”

That is his winning algorithm? I do not believe we are making a bigger deal out of it!! Smart: "Throw our team on the field and hope for the best."??? That'll bring home the title for sure...oh yeah. Guess he sees a foe in LSU that is like any other. A&M looked HELPLESS against them. A&M did not look helpless against UGA! I will likely get some flack for my stance but it is what it is. They match UGA strength for strength...and they play like it is the last game they will ever play. LSU has vastly improved over the season....UGA has not....IMO! I am a Dawg....believe it.....but I also see a reality here. UGA could win....how? I have no idea. I do believe in miracles. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Three games left, playoff game one in atlanta @ 4:00 pm Saturday. We are the underdogs, our offense looks like hot crap but our defense is elite! But it's put up or shut up time now so WHAT are WE going to DO? Bow your necks you hairy Dawgs!

• Options
    NewbombTurkNewbombTurk Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Here, kitty kitty...

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not hearing a whole lot of confidence from Kirby that he believes his team can actually WIN.

Sure, the Dawgs have beaten (3) Top 15 teams and now face a 4th. We've got one of the best resumes out there and certainly the best in the Top 4.

Heck yes, we CAN beat LSU, and we WILL. Kirby needs to relay much more confidence to his team than on this interview.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The line may have changed over time, but I know that Georgia was expected to be an underdog against Auburn for most of the season.

Anyway, If I were a betting man, I'd like take LSU on those odds. I still think we have a solid shot, but there's a definite possibility that we just cannot score and I think it's far more likely that LSU beats us by 14+ vs us beating them by 14.

But, we will find out soon enough. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We lost all three phases of that game but what was scary was we got out coached. Let's see how round two goes because LSU has an offense that can run up and down a football field and our offense can't come out of the locker room without Jake from throwing the ball too low ,over someone's head or missing a wide open target. But history says that Jake fromm shows up for big games like this let's see if he can show up one more time