Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia WR George Pickens apologizes to team: 'he can't let that happen again'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia WR George Pickens apologizes to team: 'he can't let that happen again'

Georgia WR George Pickens apologized to the team for getting himself ejected in the win over Georgia Tech last Saturday and drawing a first-half suspension in the SEC Championship Game

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There you go. For you fans defending Pickens, this has been coming all year and has finally caught up to him. Could be that’s the reason the ref flagged him Saturday against Tech when it was obvious Swilling threw the first two punches. Could be the word has gotten to the refs to keep this guy in check. I cannot defend Pickens as some of you can because there have been too many instances of his disregard for the “team first” philosophy. Taunting players after a catch, attempting to do a throat slash until Woerner wrapped him up and several other instances. He’s young and hopefully he’ll learn or he’ll either be gone by dismissal or transfer. The locker room is an important aspect of a teams success. Personally, I hope he learns. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

well, I've been as critical of Pickens' behavior as anyone, but hearing that he apologized to his teammates makes me feel somewhat better. Now my fear (other than we'll be down 30 points at halftime) is that just like Tyler Simmons said, now other teams KNOW that Pickens is a hot head and they'll try and bait him. LSU is DEFINITELY going to be chirping. And the thing is, he can't lose his composure if he happens to drop a pass or get tackled hard because that's when he's really going to hear it. He just has to get up, get back in the huddle and run the next play.

• Options
    johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

GA has much bigger offensive problems besides missing Pickens for a half. Even a Herculean effort by the defense would still most likely only slow down LSU's offense. I just hope we don't end up looking like A&M did this past weekend. That would be embarrassing.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Words must be defined by action. That is the difference. Pickens is a young thunderbolt! He seems a bit of an anomaly though. I have not noticed this ongoing type behavior on other teams? Sporadic, yes...persistent, no. Here's hoping he has quickly matured because this may prove a costly punishment. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    AirmanEAirmanE Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Does all the fans that keep worrying about a blowout really watch football. AU certainly didn’t light it up on offense against LSU and they held the tigers to 23 points in Death Valley while losing the turnover battle. We have the best defense in the conference have some faith we may not win but this will be a dawg fight to the finish.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

LSU is good.  Granted.  But they will have faced no team the likes of UGA.  Defense playing lights out and getting better.  Running game is good.  Passing game is a problem for Dawgs.  Will have to lean on the running game.  But if the great wall of Georgia can control the LOS, might not need a passing game.  Remember, Fromm had many games last year where he had no need to throw the ball 20 times, the running game was so dominant.  True, you had Chubb and Michel.  But I'll counter that Swift is every bit the back as Michel.  And has a healthy line.  Too many people get upset at runs up the middle that get no yards.  But those of us who remember the 80's games, know that the DL getting pounded every play eventually wears out.  4 yards and a cloud of dust.  Would like to see Swift, Herrien, Zeus, and Cook make the LSU front 7 look like an FCS defense, by the time the 4th quarter rolls around.  If Dawgs can keep LSU under 28, they have a chance.  Dawgs stand no chance in a shootout.  GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

George, grow the hell up son, it's bigger than you!

Dawgs, just win the darn game, ****, i don't care but you're three games away from glory!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If because of this episode Pickens learns a lesson and leaves the foolish behavior in the vault until he gets to the NFL, he and the Dawgs will be much the better for it. We certainly don't need to take this garbage into next season when he and Blaylock will have the opportunity to become UGA's version of LSU's sophomore WRs Marshall and Chase next year!

• Options
    BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pickens should come out in the second half like a "house of fire", as Gordon Solie used to say when a wrestler finally tagged in after his partner had been taking an extended beating.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens could have been arrested for assault, when he tried (or pretty much did) throw the guy headfirst into the wall. YIKES! That was crazy. Not a good look.

• Options
    williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

Self defense does not translate into assault. Watch the film. Swilling instigated and continued his assault on Pickens. Too bad he picked on the wrong man, "Warrior George."