Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

LSU confidence and pride entering SEC Championship Game is unmistakable

SystemSystem Posts: 10,472 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageLSU confidence and pride entering SEC Championship Game is unmistakable

LSU football is undefeated and boasts arguably the top offense in college football, and the Tigers are confident they are ready for whatever Georgia throws at them

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love when all the hype is on the other team. I believe Kirby motivates best when this occurs.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm ready for Burro's attitude to be put in check by us.

I'm really hoping Cousin Nolan shows why he was the #1 recruit this year and keeps Burro on the ground!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Switch roles...would Smart be talking this way? Would CKS be extolling the virtues of his vaunted football express? I think so but never in an arrogant or over-confident manner. That is not his style or demeanor....except for one verbal slip-up...lol. Orgeron is uber proud of what he has accomplished at LSU. That's his job. He is doing his job! CKS same. They are giving the all of their talents to two great college football programs. So, let them spout off once in a while...this is a passionate sport with rugged energy and piqued emotion. And it all finds its focal point on a field of clashing gridiron gladiators ...where one will win and one will lose...that's football. UGA will win! Rip it!!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Keep talking Big Boy!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm usually all-in on SEC teams when we get to the playoffs, but if LSU beats us on Saturday, I think I'm going to be a fan of whoever they're playing. I'm all about being confident in, and supportive of your team, but Orgeron's comments always come across as arrogance. It's not even that I don't think they are that good; they are. But let OTHER PEOPLE tell your story, Ed. It's not like the media that you're throwing all those stats out to don't already have them at their disposal. You'd think a guy who has had as much crap dumped on him as Orgeron during his career would be a bit more humble on his climb up so that so many people won't take joy at his (inevitable) decline. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The way Coach OrangeOne boasts, I'm surprised he doesn't insists on teams paying $5 mil for the privilege of playing his amazing team. The hype is overwhelming. No way UGA should be competitive. Might as not even roll out a defense to their high powered offense, right, coach?. I hope UGA players see right through all that and prove that LSU is just another speed bump on the way to a Dawg Natty. But that is a stretch, I'm afraid.

• Options
    edited December 2019

I think some of it is Cajun bluster...and I mean that sincerely.

I can't stand overconfidence, and this comes across like that...again, I think it's a Cajun thing.

• Options
    edited December 2019

@DallasDawg - As I said the other day, I used to pull for SEC teams in bowl games, but I've done a 180 on that: why should I cheer for teams that stand to gain on us in recruitment?

Yes, I like for the SEC to look good, but not to the point that it hurts UGA in the long run.

Last night, I actually debated who I would cheer for should UGA not be in the NCG, and I thought about THE. This is still a suboptimal outcome because they compete for some of our recruits too, maybe not as much as Ellis Hugh or Auburn with a lake (as Lewis Grizzard called Clempson).

Gooooo Dawgs!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The good thing about this game is that LSU is not coming to be friends, they are coming for blood. We better be ready and i believe we will but if we can get some points on the board LSU won't stand a chance. If we go run , run pass, punt then .......its on to next year is the year....

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a ton of confidence in my Dawgs and this coaching staff! Of course we've had our struggles this season, but I know what we're capable of. As I've already said before, play smart and avoid dumb penalties. No retaliation when being provoked. Keep your heads in the game and focus on being more physical, and out hustling the guy in front of you for 60 minutes. Play the game and block out anything unrelated to it, on or off the field. Encourage your teammates from start to finish. Play hard the entire game, Dawgs.

Championships await, and the first step is Saturday against LSU. Only thing you need to prove, is that you want this game more than LSU wants it. You know what you've got to do to take care of business, now let's go out and do it! GATA Bulldogs!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT LSU!

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

LSU is ripe for a loss! Seems like they are believing all the hype. If we play our best and they play their best, we win!