Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia-LSU: Which team has the edge from the recruiting trail?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,523 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia-LSU: Which team has the edge from the recruiting trail?

With the SEC championship game looking, which team has the edge on the recruiting trail? Let's take a good hard look at which team has the better players heading into Georgia-LSU this weekend.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

If only statistics won games..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is it safe to say the defense has an edge over the offense in five star recruits? If not, why is our offense sputtering along like an an old, neglected tractor. Does Kirby not put as much value in offense as defense? Do we have an OC that doesn’t know how or won’t put the best players in a position to give us the best chance of putting points on the board? We keep hearing about getting the ball to James Cook but it doesn’t seem to happen enough. I know we can beat LSU but if we have 6-8 three and outs and punt 8-10 times, LSU’s offense is going to wear down the D and pull away in the fourth quarter. Offense has got to show up this weekend and score at least 21 points to give our D a chance to win it for us. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

With statistics showing UGA with better players , why is LSU favored ?

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm more interested in seeing how the current recruiting season is going. Seems like LSU is getting everyone that's available, and is even starting to pick up interest from all the Ole Miss de-commits. Just when I thought UGA had Bama figured out, now LSU springs up. I hope I'm wrong, but just feels like that as a program overall, UGA is standing still right now. No excitement over our offense. Our defense is elite, but no real stars. We haven't had a big recruit "get" since the summer and we're not hearing much about possible wins come Dec. 18. I sure hope we haven't plateaued without ever reaching the pinnacle.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An opening line on games is set by oddsmakers in Vegas. The line moves up or down depending on how the populace is betting. The line started at three and has gone up based on money being bet on LSU. Vegas will get the 10% vigorish . But what do betters know? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, fellas, we know how the SECCG turned out don't we! The recruiting edge.....LSU! I will say that Josh Braun, 2020 UGA Commit, at 6'6" and 355 lbs is a veritable tank! Hope he stays committed. You will probably see nearly all WR commits...decommit. Cannot blame them. All they really amount to are figure heads on the field...with some exceptions, as always.