Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia coach Kirby Smart updates D'Andre Swift status: 'Banged up, it's tough'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,569 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart updates D'Andre Swift status: 'Banged up, it's tough'

Georgia coach Kirby Smart expounded on the injury that forced junior tailback D'Andre Swift to leave the game against Georgia Tech

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When Swift really shines is when he comes in second after the first back pounds the line of scrimmage and gets it to third and short. Let Brian or Zeus pound the ball and allow him to do what he has always done. come in and break long runs!

• Options
    Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Had to be bothering him bad. Because swift was carrying the ball in his right hand

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

wing T, rpo that sucker with Zeus being B back and cook around the edge. Let Jake make the read and if ain’t there slants to swift and Herrien.

simmons was great last game, hope he shows up and let’s put some stick em on Jackson’s gloves.

If we can be creative where we run and get the ball outta jakes hands quick it could be a great day!

this game has the feel of the bama vs Texas game from 08.

I believe the biggest advantage we have in this game is playing this qb last yr, Kirby has shown the ability to motivate in situations like this before.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you put Swift in to break long runs...LSU will see it coming! Smart should never have played him in that Tech scrimmage. Now look what a mess UGA is in. He looks to be in bad shape. One solid hit and he is out of the LSU tilt. Then what? Zeus or Herrien? Really? Probably too late now.....spilt milk...as the old saying goes. Three days for Swift to mend......yeah...from a shoulder injury....one of the worst for a runner. ..as one poster said he was carrying the ball in the "other" arm. UGA seems snake bit at times. If Swift plays, LSU will key on him and make sure he is out. Cager is gone. Pickens out for first half. Simmons also has a bad arm or shoulder. Kirby's going to have to suit up again....LOL GO DAWGS!!! (Just pre-game ranting)

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After reading this, now I kind of blame Kirby for Swift's injury after all. He says that Swift got hurt earlier in the game (I think it was when he got hit on his first fumble) and his shoulder continued to get progressively worse as the game wore on and moreover, he's actually been hurt most of the season. So, then, with us up by 30 against a team that clearly couldn't move the ball on us, why was Swift in the game at that point? I agree he needed to start and play -- we can't afford to take any team for granted -- but up by that much with a guy who is already hurt and getting worse, why? Swift went down when we had a first and goal at the Tech 4 yard line. I have to believe that three handoffs to Herrien, or White or Cook or even McIntosh, would have gotten us a touchdown. And if not, take the field goal. Either way, we're still up by a substantial amount. We just didn't need D'Andre Swift at that point, not like we're going to need him this Saturday.

But I think Swift has been injured since before the season started. Many may have forgotten, but back during summer camp,Swift was either late to or missed altogether, a few practices because he was in the training room getting "treatment." No one ever said publicly what he was treated for and he came out saying he was fine. But I was just thinking, it's fall camp and you're already missing practice time, that's not a good sign.

And this, too. For those that have it, go back and look at film of Swift's runs from his freshman and sophomore years and then compare them to his runs this year. He's definitely not the same running back -- and it's not just because the wide receivers haven't delivered devastating downfield blocks. He hasn't shown that breakaway burst of speed at all, and his patented "dead leg" fake has all but vanished. He's running with "heavy" legs, in my opinion. And I'll be honest, it's shocking to me that a guy with 1,200 yards rushing on a team that is built to run, only has seven (7) touchdowns all year. Stacked boxes or not, D'Andre Swift is better than that.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Swift is unable to secure the ball due to his injury, he does not need to be in the game. We simply cannot put the defense into the position of defending short fields due to turnovers and expect to win the game. You can bet the house that LSU is going to have nine in the box to stuff the run. With two fumbles against Tech, you can also bet the Tigers are going to be unmerciful tackling Swift and ripping at the ball.

• Options
    williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman