Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: D'Andre Swift slowed by 'a lot of pain' in SEC Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: D'Andre Swift slowed by 'a lot of pain' in SEC Championship Game

ATLANTA — Georgia tailback D’Andre Swift sat dejectedly in front of his locker, a towel over his head, ready to answer difficult questions. Swift had likely played his last game for the Bulldogs, his decision to make himself eligible for the 2020 NFL Draft likely imminent. Swift was one of three team captains for the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck in your future Mr Swift..its been a pleasure watching you tote the rock as a DAWG!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bless D'Andre and his family! It's been a pleasure! Get healthy and wow them at the combine!

Job one at the bowl practices will be finding the RBs and WRs that are going to step up and be stars next year.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't know about Swift but the stock sure has went down on Fromm...no Guarantees that he would even be drafted if he decided to come out...also, if he stays, he won't automatically have the job next year

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that would be a story.. UGA loses #1 QB recruit to transfer, Fromm returns his senior season, and fails to win the starting job. You never know, could happen..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Quit lying.. how is Kirby saying he thought he was fine when Swift only had 5 touches.. quit protecting these guys draft stock. Let them answer why they stunk it up

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am afraid D;Andre may not be in favor with NFL recruiters as shoulder injuries are one of the toughest to heal. I wish him all the very best...he has been a ROCK for UGA!!!!! This man/athlete has what it takes to excel at whatever he does. Thank you, D'Andre!!!!

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Swift is a true warrior. He's done his duty and done it well. I wish him well no matter what he decides to do, but I sure would like to see him play one more time in a Bulldog uniform. But I understand if he chooses to sit it out. Thank you Mr. Swift for all you've done for this program!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I pray Swift fully recovers, quickly. Thank you for three wonderful years to Swift and his entire family! God bless each of you!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Enjoyed watching you run for the Red and Black, D'Andre. I know you always played your hardest for the Dawgs and as a UGA fan and alum, I will forever be grateful to you for that. You said your shoulder had been hurting "for a minute." I'm not sure how long that's been going on, but I was telling friends as far back as fall camp (yes, BEFORE the season started) that something was amiss with you. Most people have forgotten, but I remember during camp how you were either late to, or missed altogether, some practices. Kirby's response then, as it is now, was that you were fine (I hate that because it's really disingenuous but I guess that's called good coaching). Then I thought it odd that Brian Herrien actually took the first snap in the first game against Vanderbilt. I thought, hmmm, Swift really IS hurt. But then you came into the game right away and played, so I figured that maybe they just started Herrien to reward him for his hard work during the summer (when you missed so much practice time) and because he was a senior.

But as the season progressed, there was just "something" off about your play. You ran as hard as you could and it was clear how badly you wanted to win. But the breakaway speed we were used to seeing never materialized. And your patented "dead leg" fake was a rarity; to change direction I noticed that you would have to come to a complete stop and then run back the other way -- like an "ordinary" running back. And notably, I noticed that where you once been able to run both outside AND inside, your inside runs weren't as powerful or explosive as they once were. That you gained more than 1,200 yards this year is a true testament to your own determination, work ethi and heart. But I firmly believe that a health D'Andre Swift (combined with an offensive line performing up to expectations) would have meant well beyond 1,500 yards and possibly put you in Heisman contention. It didn't happen and I knew something was wrong.

The capper was last week's game against Ga. Tech. I was surprised at your first fumble as I know you had been hit harder this year but somehow you coughed it up. That was very un-Swift like. But the second fumble was even more baffling. It appears that your LEFT shoulder is the injured shoulder, but you were actually hit on your RIGHT side and at that, the linebacker that tackled you had just barely touched you when you went down in obvious pain and fumbled. And right then I thought, "that's not a new injury because D'Andre Swift is too tough to go down just like that." And sure enough, it was not new. Now we know the truth. You've been hurt much of the season. We appreciate you fighting through and trying to be their for your teammates, your family and your school. I wish you all the best in the NFL. Hopefully you'll join our other recent DGD's, Chubb, Michel and Gurley, in representing the Dawgs with pride and dignity in the NFL!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior