Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow: Georgia defense had surprises, forced scrambles

SystemSystem Posts: 10,537 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageLSU quarterback Joe Burrow: Georgia defense had surprises, forced scrambles

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow was challenged by Georgia's surprise looks and disguised blitzes, but he overcame them in championship fashion

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

If lsu plays oklahoma It's going to be jalen hurts vs joe burrows. Hurts has got that it factor. So if it's a close game. I like hurts over burrows in a close game. Look what Plummee did against them They will not be able to stop hurts

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Defense was not an issue. The offense could not sustain drive nor score points when it was needed. The offense should no improvement throughout the season nor did Jake Fromm. It all falls on the HC and the OC. If you have kids dropping passes replace them with someone who can. I am sure out of a team of 85 you can find someone who can catch a football. I would not have mine seeing Bennett play after Fromm performance especially when the game got of reach.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Has anyone seen a better SEC QB than Joe Burrow in the last 40 years? I have not.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Respectfully, LSU's Burrow would dominate Hurts and OK. Too much fire power and OK not enough defense.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If LSu and OK match up well offensively, the you'd certainly have to give the edge to LSU's defense.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey @KBP, Burrrows is right up there, but I guess I'd need a definition of "better." As for a college QB's go, I'd still take Tim Tebow over Burrow because Tebow consistent. And I would have liked to have seen what would have happened to LSU in the Alabama game if Tua had been 100 percent. But it's a great debate and if you think Burrows is the best in the past 40 years, you would have many who would second that opinion -- including the entire state of Louisiana.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One additional comment I forgot. What Burrow is saying here is quite telling. In other words, UGA's defensive strategy worked -- sort of. But in order for it to have really put the clamps on LSU, it likely required (and the UGA coaching staff likely anticipated) that our offense would show some signs of life. Hence our attempts to open up the game by being aggressive with downfield throws. Had we hit on a couple of those -- and we clearly had a chance to -- it might have changed the trajectory of the game. Not saying UGA would have won as I believe LSU is better team, but the more first downs we could have made, the more time our offense would have had the ball and the less time LSU would have had it. That might have helped keep the score closer and forced LSU to play under some amount of stress. Things happen when a team and its players are stressed. It didn't happen, but the plan was in place. Burrow was surprised, fooled even, but his athletic ability helped him overcome those challenges. If our offense had been better, he might have had fewer opportunities to do that.