Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football lands Sugar Bowl bid, aims for sweet ending against Baylor

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football lands Sugar Bowl bid, aims for sweet ending against Baylor

Georgia football is headed back to the Sugar Bowl to face Baylor, the Bulldogs aiming to finish the season on a high note after making a third straight trip to the SEC Championship Game

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for the update and the Sugar Bowl history lesson, Mike. Already moved on to the Collinsworth Slide.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's awesome! Now we have to find some way to get a working, healthy team together and pull out a W. Landing a win would prove this to be a successful season, even if we didn't make the playoffs. At least we have a few weeks to rest and heal.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great, another high octane offense. Maybe if we drubbed by them, Kirby will finally get the message about the modern day offense.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh Mr.Sour Grapes am I. Baylor is not that Baylor of yesteryear. UGA, unless they can find some way to score, will lose. After what I have witnessed and with Swift injured (gone) and a bunch of receivers who drop the ball from the throws of a not-so accurate arm in Fromm....not likely. Pretty much a 11-3 year like last year. At least we will remain status quo. I am through "sugar-coating" the Dawgs. I do wish them a win but nah, just not likely. UGA is decimated with key injuries...even Fromm left limping. Baylor will take it to them just like LSU yesterday and Texas did last year. Sorry, that is how I feel. It is only my opinion anyhow.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

No Offense (UGA) VS No Defense (Baylor)

One thing good its the type of team where our OC shines. Baylor will not have the athletes on Def to match up so end-arounds and short passes to the flat and screen passes we have run all year should garner a few points

• Options
    Dallas1862Dallas1862 Posts: 43 ✭✭ Sophomore

Congrats on the Sugar! No, it's not the playoffs. TBH, I'm sick of how people say "oh, you're not in the playoffs, then those bowls don't matter". THW that! Of course they matter!

On a slightly different tack, I'm really fed up with players saying they won't play in the bowl game. Because they're worried about getting hurt and it affecting their draft stock! BS!!! If that's how you really feel, why then did you play at all this season?!?!?

That cr@p needs to Stop! Period!

If reports are true that Coach Pittman is on the short list for the Arky job, and he's hired what potentially does that do too our class? Certainly he'd try to get a few if not all of his guys ta flip an join him in tuskville... Dawgs rule!!

• Options
    ugarph85ugarph85 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I say wear the black jerseys in the sugar bowl. The players all want to play in them. This might motivate them to play harder than they did last year. If you don't play you don't get the black sugar bowl game jersey unless your injured and can't play. It's raining sUGAr in Athens tonight! Go you hairy Dawgs.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Those bowl games mean nothing if it's not a playoff game.no player with 1st or 2nd round draft stock should play in a meaningless exibition game.

• Options
    codawgcodawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

You can't spell sugar without UGA!

• Options
    joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

The playoffs is 1st tier. Everything else is scraps.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This deal about players opting out of bowl games will be THE number reason why the playoffs get expanded to 8 teams, and sooner than later. More and more players are skipping bowl games now, not just high draft picks, but even mid-level draft picks and non-draft eligible guys who are slightly hurt (but not seriously injured) who could and would play if the game meant something. Once networks and fans begin complaining with their wallets and pocketbooks about how they're not seeing prime product for their prime money, the college football powers that be will "suddenly" decide that it's in the best interest of the sport to expand the playoffs. Watch and see. Plus, it would make most of the New Year's Six Bowls on equal standing. (I live in Dallas and I have zero interest in the Cotton Bowl matchup of Penn State vs. Memphis State and I doubt that game is going to draw a big crowd). And in the two New Year's Six Bowls that aren't in the CFP, you could have #9 vs. #12 and #10 vs. #11, with the winners given a guaranteed spot in the top 4 of the final rankings -- just to keep things interesting for them and maybe provide a little more incentive for their NFL-bound players.