Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football favored by more than a touchdown over Baylor in Sugar Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football favored by more than a touchdown over Baylor in Sugar Bowl

Georgia football has a banged-up football team with a handful of players injured and others contemplating whether to play with regard to their NFL draft status

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Baylor is a joke. If we show up we will steam roll them.

• Options
    Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Let mcintosh play he's had the longest run from scrimmage this year

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby had to be referring directly to Fields when speaking about players wanting to be there and being "engaged." Good! He learned a lesson. Now, when it comes to the offense...

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is Jake going to show up? Will we figure out how to use our playmakers during bowl prep? Better go find us a OC coach before you become Smart Richt!!!!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It could be a battle but UGA,right now, is a not clicking, not unless some of the injured are back on active roster. Key players are hurting. Swift is off to the NFL.. Blaylock, out. Cager, out. Fromm needs to loosen up and regain his accuracy...a lot to have to ask at season's conclusion. Too many negatives. Linemen are banged up and you never know how serious. Smart doesn't reveal as we found out with D'Andre. This looks to me like another Texas as I have posted before. We still have the defense...but not nearly enough offense. My opinion, again. Baylor is action-packed but does not have UGA's defense, I admit. We'll see on Jan 1. I am a Dawg but also a realist. This has been a very long season for the Dawgs.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can we score a touchdown?

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

With the uncertainty in the QB position heading into next year, should they consider given Bennett the start? It’s in essence an exhibition game. If Fromm leaves, the current group of QB’s (including Beck) will have only a few plays of FBS experience between them.

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’ll be tough with finals looming, but Jake REALLY needs to do what he did after he first enrolled. He harangued and pleaded with any receivers, or anyone who WANTED to be a receiver, to meet him at any hour of the day or night, whenever they could make the spare time, just to practice routes and timing, That paid off big time when he had to take over as the starter, because he knew who he trusted to be his go-to guys..

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm actually a bit surprised. Look, I love Georgia, but we just fell apart against LSU and continued to add injuries in places we can't afford it. We'll be without our main receivers and our star RB. So, I dunno. Baylor has only one quality opponent in Oklahoma and they played them twice and lost, but at 3 points and 7 points.

Either way it should be interesting. Georgia NEEDS a win here. I know that this year was "our year", but if we can finish off the year with a win against a #7 team in the Sugar Bowl, that'd be an impressive statement.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we give Baylor the same effort we gave the University of Texas last Sugar Bowl, then the current Sugar Bowl expense will be a huge waste for most UGA fans attending. We were favored by much more against Texas, sadly. Baylor gave playoff team OU all they could handle, and Baylor is two plays away from being undefeated. Baylor's Coach Rhule has done more with his players than any other coach. Their third string QB was throwing darts against OU in their championship game. UGA has a defensive coordinator going or gone. No clue if Pittman will try and pull some staff with him, but even if he tries that may cause some disruption. No clue on which UGA players will skip the Sugar Bowl. Too much up in the air for me to be comfortable that UGA will crush Baylor.

• Options

Dawg365...I do not know if you are baiting us or not...lol... but Baylor is NO JOKE! Two close losses to #4 OK. These guys can play football.

• Options

I saw UGA a 7 pt deficit against Baylor? No matter, the Dawgs are in for a real test with Baylor....#4Oklahoma barely scraped by them both times. If the Dawgs continue to play as they did with LSU...forget it. Texas reprise. GO DAWGS!!!