Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football needs to make changes for 2020 season, but how drastic do they need to be?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football needs to make changes for 2020 season, but how drastic do they need to be?

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football must tweak its philosophy going forward Under Kirby Smart, Georgia has made it a point to

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Need a complete overhaul on the offense...players and staff.

• Options
    oddsbodkinoddsbodkin Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need a scheme to get our athletes into space. I'm tired of seeing our RBs run into a brick wall with interior runs. We need to get better WR and we need Fromm to play better and scramble the football more. He can't sit back in the pocket for a big fat slow Oline to block.

We need a fresh new voice at OC who can generate more explosive plays.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

biggest and simplest change......

run/ throw the ball where there are the least defenders.

wideouts: catch the ball and stop being easily tackled ( that ones to you Matt landers especially!).

jake Fromm: calm down and quit thinking!

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia fans aren't ready to accept it yet but if they want to win a national championship it's the head coach that needs to be replaced. Kirby ain't the guy

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Swift spoke the truth.

Don't know why our execution was so poor this season.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Dawgs need players AND plays.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lack of execution =lack of leadership.

this is true in football and all other aspects.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

And the Donan era... and the Goff era... and the Dooley era... I wonder how much time has to pass before people stop making references to Richt, a coach that was arguably the best in UGA history. In 4 years, Kirby has taking the program to new heights, but he also has had some of most embarrassing losses too given the talent amassed and financial expenditures. Never in my lifetime (and I was at university the same time as Herschel Walker), have I seen a UGA team this talented and loaded with depth than what we have now.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We just need to go to the number 1, 2 annnd 3 national WR recruits and ask them if they want to play for the SEC championship next year.

• Options
    nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s Coaching! Period- End of Story.

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, I would have never hired Kirby for the HC job, but he's here now so that's that.

Positives: He can recruit well, he's obviously a good salesman as he has gotten UGA & the donors to buy-in with more money & facilities that ever before. Another sign of a good salesman, go back to the first comment about his recruiting.

Negatives: He's a good salesman, meaning that he's says what people want to hear. I know there are a LOT of Kirby lovers out there, so ask yourself this: What are his RESULTS? Ace recruiting, top-notch facilities, hotbed recruiting ground, but obviously not one of the top 5 teams in the land. Why? Answer: Coaching.

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would cut Kirby a little slack. This is his 1st time being a HC and he has made it to the SEC Championship not only 3 times, but in a row... He probably still has a lot to learn on being a coach of coaches rather than a players coach, but that is who he is. But I would appreciate that for now on, all related social media outlets that supports the team just focus on facts rather than hyping up or writing speculative articles. Georgia is not elite (yet) and won't be until they can prove that they can win big games... I'd like for anyone to prove me wrong on that... (i.e. National championship game, past 2 SEC championship games) Georgia had a lead on 2 of the 3.

I think if they made a few key personnel changes and are open-minded to things. I think that will get this team over the hump, but they need to know that Georgia does not intimidate anyone so they have to change the culture of the program as well.