Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Breaking: Georgia now has its first post-Sam Pittman de-commitment

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Article states UGA likely won't be a consideration going forward..when a player decommits, it's very rare that they sign with the original school they commited to.

• Options
    budlitedogbudlitedog Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Seems to me I remember David Pollack was a 3 star, and he turned out pretty good. Maybe his heart was just that big. How many others are out there that are not 4 and 5 stars , but have the heart and grit to excel.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Darn!!! I knew it- Braun and watch...Ratledge will follow. Huge loss if he signs with another SEC and plays against us. I think he blames this on UGA???? Not so...this is ALL on the Pit-Man. Strange young folks, play for the man not the school...and that was not even Coach Smart??? Maybe his dad can get him to rethink after the emotion calms down. If Matt Luke could have a word or two with him.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ya know....we learned a lot this season. Stars ain’t everything because we got our tails handed to us by. 3 start qb throwing to 3 star wide outs.

Coach em up boys! Let the chips fall where they may. These are still 17-18 Yr old kids, can’t get mad over something like this.

go dawgs

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck, young man. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GoDawgs123456GoDawgs123456 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Agree with most of the comments here. I hope recruiting involves establishing relationships with more than one person - multiple coaches, players. Seems like when coaching changes have occurred in the past, recruits have stuck with UGA because they committed to the team (more than a person). This is the first time I recall that someone was so connected to an individual (other than a head coach). The person that mentioned that believing a great position coach would be there 5 years is unrealistic, is right.

They should also be selling the fact that it's more than the coaches. Playing against 5 star defenders every day in practice should be a huge motivator. That in itself should help you become a great player.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So far, Tate Ratledge has not followed suit.......He is another Pittman loyalist. Tate and Josh Braun are/were the biggest of the commits to date. Matt Luke needs to get out there and speak with these kids. They need to get to know him if it makes that big a difference. I am pretty sure he can get Braun to rethink.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

Its a shame that he won't even give them a chance. Coaches leave all the time. Nothing new.

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, I must have misread. Would still like to get him but, if not I hope he’s ok with loosing in Jax every year.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah like most have commented already, the writing has been on the wall for him. Could've said he was already gone when visiting florida during notre dame weekend. So if you're playing for a coach, go to Arkansas, otherwise don't even mention it. Just my .02.

• Options
    YardDawg14YardDawg14 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Wonder what he will do when the Mullen to Dallas rumors get cranked up .... agree, you commit to the school first.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really hate us losing Braun, I see him as our next Cade Mays. Hopefully, he'll be open to Luke and come back to us.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hate to hear Braun has jumped off the "great wall". He would have been a huge asset in years to come at Georgia. I'm sure he is disappointed that Sam left and it may have been that he was already thinking of decommitting before Sam left. I'm not sure if the Dawgnation writer was told he would not be considering Georgia moving forward or that was just the writers opinion "(That said, it is not expected that he will consider Georgia going forward)".

These young men build relationships with these coaches that recruit them and I'm sure Josh feels betrayed to some degree. Hopefully he will have a change of heart and commit to the G, but my gut tells me this had more to do with something else rather than just Pittman leaving. Pittman leaving just gave him an easy out.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean, on 1 hand I kind of understand wanting to play for a specific coach. But everyone knows you are committing to a school not a person. Football coaches are constantly getting shuffled around. It seems foolhardy to approach recruiting like that.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry to hear the news but understand his decision.

Getting off the OL subject for a minute - who do we have to replace Blankenship?

I'm a bit more worried about his replacement.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia only has 14 commits.........Hopefully Kirby is out there working 20 hours a day to improve recruiting....it could go either way...I would love to see a top QB but I don't think there are any out there...

Just a word on Big Sam.......no doubt...the best out there....but, in reality, just how much better...having the best front four this year didn't seem to do us a lot of good