Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Breaking: Georgia now has its first post-Sam Pittman de-commitment

Comments

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

Like Mark Richt used to say, we want players who want to play for Georgia.

See ya...

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Article states UGA likely won't be a consideration going forward..when a player decommits, it's very rare that they sign with the original school they commited to.

• budlitedogbudlitedog Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Seems to me I remember David Pollack was a 3 star, and he turned out pretty good. Maybe his heart was just that big. How many others are out there that are not 4 and 5 stars , but have the heart and grit to excel.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Darn!!! I knew it- Braun and watch...Ratledge will follow. Huge loss if he signs with another SEC and plays against us. I think he blames this on UGA???? Not so...this is ALL on the Pit-Man. Strange young folks, play for the man not the school...and that was not even Coach Smart??? Maybe his dad can get him to rethink after the emotion calms down. If Matt Luke could have a word or two with him.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 781 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ya know....we learned a lot this season. Stars ain’t everything because we got our tails handed to us by. 3 start qb throwing to 3 star wide outs.

Coach em up boys! Let the chips fall where they may. These are still 17-18 Yr old kids, can’t get mad over something like this.

go dawgs

• JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck, young man. Go Dawgs!

• GoDawgs123456GoDawgs123456 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Agree with most of the comments here. I hope recruiting involves establishing relationships with more than one person - multiple coaches, players. Seems like when coaching changes have occurred in the past, recruits have stuck with UGA because they committed to the team (more than a person). This is the first time I recall that someone was so connected to an individual (other than a head coach). The person that mentioned that believing a great position coach would be there 5 years is unrealistic, is right.

They should also be selling the fact that it's more than the coaches. Playing against 5 star defenders every day in practice should be a huge motivator. That in itself should help you become a great player.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So far, Tate Ratledge has not followed suit.......He is another Pittman loyalist. Tate and Josh Braun are/were the biggest of the commits to date. Matt Luke needs to get out there and speak with these kids. They need to get to know him if it makes that big a difference. I am pretty sure he can get Braun to rethink.

• FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Its a shame that he won't even give them a chance. Coaches leave all the time. Nothing new.

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, I must have misread. Would still like to get him but, if not I hope he’s ok with loosing in Jax every year.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah like most have commented already, the writing has been on the wall for him. Could've said he was already gone when visiting florida during notre dame weekend. So if you're playing for a coach, go to Arkansas, otherwise don't even mention it. Just my .02.

• YardDawg14YardDawg14 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Wonder what he will do when the Mullen to Dallas rumors get cranked up .... agree, you commit to the school first.