Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

5 questions about Georgia OL coach Matt Luke with Ole Miss beat writer Neal McCready

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

image5 questions about Georgia OL coach Matt Luke with Ole Miss beat writer Neal McCready

Georgia made a splash hire bringing on former Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke, but the former Rebel is more than just a big name, he's an excellent offensive line coach and recruiter

Read the full story here

Comments

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The "nice guy" pictures heretofore reflecting what a great guy Luke is have been fine, but glad to see with this article a picture of the guy in the heat of the battle. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are some other good takeaways, but I selected three from this interview:

"At Georgia, I think he’ll (Matt Luke) thrive in the Bulldogs’ pro-style offense and he’ll obviously enjoy working with the elite talent in Athens.

" I think his ideal offense is a run-oriented, smash-mouth, physical brand of football.

"Players love playing for him. He’s honest with recruits. He’s good at building relationships. I suspect he’ll do very well on the recruiting trail working for Georgia."

He's going to be an excellent UGA asset! This is why Kirby is so high on Matt.

GO DAWGS!!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think hiring Pittman was Kirby’s 2nd biggest hire as a head coach while the Matt Luke hire may be Kirby’s #1 accomplishment. I love this move and sincerely believe Luke brings much more to the table than Pittman. Pittman was a great recruiter (maybe the best) and a fun guy, but I think Luke is a much better overall coach and will benefit our entire offense....not just the OL. It should also be noted that Luke has also coached TEs and is recognized as a very good recruiter and well liked by his players. Go Dawgs!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe I missed it but I never saw Pittman chew @#$W on the sideline. Seemed to me to lack some intensity. I think Luke will bring the heat.

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Run-oriented, smash-mouth football." So be it. The question is, can that model succeed in this era? If we don't prove that it can next season, and by "prove" I mean produce consistently on offense against top-tier opponents, then it's time to think long and hard about our scheme.

• williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

Two years and then its Bobo's chance?

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo is the new OC at South Carolina...we will have to contend with him now!! I doubt he would return to UGA. Matt Luke must step up and get the job done. I believe he will. Coley as well or it will be a long 2020 season sports fans. My hope is Coley and Luke cross pollinate.

GO DAWGS!!!

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure smash mouth football works any more.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

He should be a co-offensive coordinator because we need help in that area.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Luke will be what our OL needs. Hopefully he can bring Braun back into the fold, but if not he definitely will be judged on bringing in the top OT's available in 21.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Not sure smash mouth football works any more."

Especially when your smash mouth team is getting smashed in the mouth: Ole Miss, Auburn, Bama, LSU, Bama, Texas, LSU.