Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: UGA's Kirby Smart tried to hire Mike Bobo

SystemSystem Posts: 10,411 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageReport: UGA's Kirby Smart tried to hire Mike Bobo

UGA tried to hire Mike Bobo, according to Andy Staples, the longtime Sports Illustrated reporter who now works for The Athletic. After Bobo was terminated last weekend as Colorado State’s head coach, there was rampant speculation that UGA might like to bring back Bobo as the team’s offensive coordinator. Bobo, who

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'd like confirmation on this of some type.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds fishy on the OC part. If so why pick SC?

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bobo would have been an upgrade over Coley

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think this is malarkey. UGa could have easily outbid USCe for a coordinator if this negotiation truly occurred. And, Bobo would have no doubt selected UGa if everything was equal. Looks like “fake news” to me. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same here, seems if it were true, there would've been at least 1 article prior to his about this. Just don't see how it's possible they kept it a secret, if it's true.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bobo come back please lol !!!! Bobo come baaaaaaccckkkk!!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And if it were true, in the social media world we live in, there would've been multitudes of articles posted about, if nothing more than rumors and no facts.

• Options
    williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

I don't believe it! That is probably an out and out lie. Georgia is a rich state because Atlanta is the hub of the south. UGA for some reason is controlled by a group of buffoons who probably get their orders straight out of Augusta National, (Why throw three passes to Payne last year when he can't catch the ball?), or the General Assembly. Four years ago Smart brought in Chaney and assembled a balanced staff and for the life of me let him slip out the door to Tennessee. What is even more alarming is that the UGA fan base would rather place the blame on the wide receivers, (Absurd!) than admit that the athletic administration is incompetent and will never win a championship in any major sport. (You think Tom Crean's the man?) Now that Tech has gotten off that silly offensive system don't be surprised if they don't flip recruits just like Auburn is doing and Bobo will do at Carolina. Bring Bobo out onto the airwaves and have him say he was offered as much to coach at Georgia as he was Carolina and I'll believe it. And if you think there's anybody at Georgia or on the horizon that will do what Chubb and Michel did, keep dreaming. They're gonna pond the ball with what? A hammer? Until UGA brings in a quality offensive coordinator and QB coach the slip will continue until we replay the **** Ray Goff ordeal. Whomever is responsible for letting Chaney out the door should step forward, but that won't happen because Georgia is becoming better known for politics than it is football. This season was dull football. Is there any reason to believe next year will be better? Oh yeah, Matt Luke! I can see them now practicing the fire hydrant drill. "Okay Dawgs, lift and spray!"

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo and Muschamp will be back on the market within a couple of years. All Bobo will do for SC is give SC fans false hope which will turn to a firestorm of "FIRE MUSCHAMP" by the middle of October.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe he did, and maybe he didn't. I'm sure there was at least a conversation. However, I imagine (in my own twisted universe) that at least one of them said, "You know, it'd be great to be back at home, but I'm not sure if our friendship could survive it." Would you want to work for your best friend? Or would he/she want to work for you? The dynamics of the closeness of the coaches and their families would be forever changed by working in a boss/subordinate relationship. I'd like to think at least one, if not both of them, considered it and (maybe) mutually decided it wouldn't be the best thing for all concerned. And if their personal relationships would be strained, there is no way it would be beneficial for the Dawgs long-term. Don't get me wrong. I'd LOVE to see Bobo back involved with the offense. I just doubt that this was the right time and place. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I certainly hope they spoke since they are great friends....why wouldn’t they? Doesn’t mean he was offered a job and even if he was offered it could have been as a QB coach, etc and not the offense coordinator. Like I said earlier, “ probably fake news”.

• Options
    GABirdDAWG69GABirdDAWG69 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Andy Staples reporting anything about UGA = Click Bait

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawg Nation has turned into rumor mongering and negativity!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If the UGA jet flew to Colorado as was reported there was a reason. I suspect there is some smoke here but just like everything else in this and most program information is carefully guarded.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of the year! That includes the people who write the blogs and those of us who comment!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coley it is, gents. IF Smart is looking to replace that spot, he will continue. Stay tuned,