Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: UGA's Kirby Smart tried to hire Mike Bobo

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

Censorship is alive and well on Dawgnation

• Options
    edited December 2019

No different that main stream political news..... No accountability..... 75% repeating what someone else says (what we use to call plagiarism).... Make the news not report the news... Bring back Bishop.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, I have noticed that certain innocuous words..to me...are blotted. Others as well?

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    HamdawgHamdawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

We line up in the shotgun and run a "fake" RPO...doesn't work when the QB never keeps it...no one is fooled. If we want big lineman who can't zone block or pass block, how about some I formation and play action? Seems like we are recruiting pre-Kiffin Alabama players while trying to look "modern"...can't get half-pregnant.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have a hard time believing that CKS offerered him the OC job. I don't even know if he could do that without firing or demoting Coley first. He mighht, MIGHT, have discussed an analyst job with Bobo immediately after Bobo was fired. But when Muschamp came along with an OC job (and UGA had no opening for same), Bobo had no choice. Remember, up until early Saturday evening, UGA still had a chance to get into the CFP. At about that same time, word was beginning to leak that Bobo and SC had a deal in place (which was later ratified) for him to be the OC, there, so I can't see how Kirby could have "tried" to hire Bobo as anything more than an off-field analyst or some such. Because if he DID offer Bobo the OC job and he turned it down to go to SC, then we definitely don't want Bobo bc that would prove he's not smart enough to be working for the Dawgs!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I call BS. Is this the same Bobo that UGA fans wanted to run out of town on a rail not too many years ago? Why would anyone come back for that? UGA fans love you more than God if you win...lose and you might as well sell your house. Sad but true.

• Options
    kennygkennyg Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Why would Bobo want to return to a place that did everything but crucify him (when he was here) before he left? This article is nothing more than hilarious.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since the two are friends, I'm sure there was some "feeling out" to see what Bobo was looking for and such. Was there a direct offer? Likely not.

• Options

"Tug-a-war " yeah right.... ...

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think about it for a second. Where is Bobo's next head coaching opportunity(assuming he wants one)? Not UGA, Kirby is entrenched. If Muschamp has a good run for SC he's probably has his sights on a bigger program. If Bobo gets the offense clicking he bides his time til Muschamp leaves. Steps right in.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

The real story is how Bobo was treated his last year in Athens. You won't see Bobo back at UGA as long as McGarity is AD unless it is on the opposing team's sideline.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What are the Bobo health concerns? That last photo of him looked awful! He got fan-hammered at UGA for certain. McGarity is another subject altogether.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good points on McGarity.

• Options

Thats kinda why i wanted him. Assumed he might get back to Athens; satisfied with the OC money and might not seek a HC gig. Be there a while! Also feel like the more likely is Muschamp doesnt get SC turned around and is let go. Bobo probably gone.

But its all over now. Didnt realize Magarity and bobo had a riiff.

• Options
    OKDAWG64OKDAWG64 Posts: 26 ✭ Freshman

How was Bobo treated by McGarity? I had an email exchange with McGarity during Bobo's last years at UGA where I was begging McGarity to force Coach Richt to fire Bobo and McGarity was VERY defensive in his support for Bobo. He went on and in about how good our offense was performing under Bobo.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bobo is one the sharper offensive minds and can truly produce very solid QB play. Not getting him is what it is and will just have to see how everything plays out

I cant imagine CKS goes more than one more season with our current OC if he does he might find himself looking for a job as things will just keep getting worse

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope you’re wrong on that one, but can’t say there is evidence otherwise. Our offensive staff is heavy on recruiting but doesn’t have anyone who is regarded as an offensive architect to mirror what Kirby brings to the table on the defensive side of the ball. Seems like maybe an ego thing, as bringing in such a guy would mean relinquishing control. Saban and Orgeron realized they needed an offensive guru, but that’s not the way Kirby rolls.