Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson announces NFL decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson announces NFL decision

Georgia football offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson has announced he will declare himself eligible for the 2020 NFL Draft, forgoing his junior and senior seasons of eligibility

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hood luck to you

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck Isaiah!

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Good luck to you.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You came in you did the right things and you worked hard you deserve this opportunity congratulations young man.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck in your future Mr Wilson..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Kirby is pushing these guys to go ahead and declare now so that he can A) See what next year looks like with players who ARE coming back and B) (and perhaps even more important) he can let potential recruits know that there are some immediate openings on the UGA offensive line. I think last year, the late announcements by Hardman and Holyfield hurts us a little bit on the recruiting trail, especially Holyfield. We lost two stellar running backs who both said they liked UGA but chose to go elsewhere because they weren't sure what Holyfield was going to do.

• Options
    harleydawgharleydawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

I also think K. S. is right in not taking those that are not wanting to play in the bowl game, I believe he made mention that was something he learned also from last year..and I agree. I'm not blaming them for going to the NFL, they've earned it, but I do believe they will look back and wish they had gone to the bowl game. Just the same, good luck DAWGS!. As usual GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with DallasDawg on this one. CKS has to see where he is at personnel -wise. Leaving gaping holes in positons.... this lets potential recruits see opportunity as starters at UGA. Good move but not so good for the Sugar Bowl, which is depleting quickly!! May have to suit up Kirby and Luke. LOL

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Breaking News: The sky is blue!

Redshirt, 2 Years and gone. Loved watching you play for those two years big man. You are a DGD and will be missed. Enjoy your prosperous career in the NFL!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I do not believe Kirby would ever "push" a player to leave for the NFL. That would undermine everything he and this school stand for. Seriously?

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for all you brought to Georgia, Mr. Wilson! You are a DGD for sure! Best of great fortune to you in the NFL!

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

DGD!! Go Dawgs ! Best of wishes to you !

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Should stay another year and get better and be a first round pick, could be giving up millions by going later on in the draft.