Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nation's No. 3 QB CJ Stroud has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageNation's No. 3 QB CJ Stroud has made his college decision

CJ Stroud rates as the nation's No. 2 pro-style QB for the 2020 class. His decision came down to largely a Georgia or Ohio State decision. Where did he decide to go?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

throw it around 30-40 or 20-25 per game, sort of a no brainer

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Until UGA starts using a mobile QB, this sort of news will be common place for Dawg Fans.

Our 2020 season would likely be brighter with Fromm under center but I have to admit It would be a heck of a lot more interesting if the choices were Bennett, Beck and Mathis fighting for the starts. Each of the latter are more mobile than Fromm. I won't lose sleep either way.

I truly hope Mathis gets cleared to play in the Spring. Get well young man!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just curious Jeff. Why would someone on this site want to see highlights from a player that is now committed to Ohio State? I think it is safe to say the vast majority of Dawg Fans aren't interested in watching players excel that are committed to another school...on signing day of all days. Food for thought. Thanks for the article.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can Dawgnation now conduct a one on one interview with Dwan Mathis? Is he now released to speak with the press? I would sure like to know where he thinks he is health wise heading into next year. What have the doctors told him about his restrictions if any concerning football moving forward?

Dwan has some serious skills and with some developing of his rawness, he can be the guy we need if Fromm declares.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

He must prefer passing better than handing off.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not surprised by this one at all. In fact, would have been shocked if he had chosen the Dawgs. All Ryan Day had to say to him was this: "Look, Justin Fields transferred HERE from what was basically his back yard. The same coaches who were there with him are still there. If Fields left home to come here, where do you think is best place for you?"

So the fact that Stroud won't be a Dawg is not surprising. What amazes me -- and has for years -- is UGA's inability to get good high school QB's from WITHIN Georgia to commit here. There are some very good quarterbacks from the state of Georgia all throughought college football yet, with the exception of Fields, we can't seem to get any of them to come here. And it didn't just start under Kirby, either. Even under Richt, his best quarterbacks were Stafford (Texas) and Murray (Florida). What is it that UGA can't consistently attract homegrown QB talent?

The Bailey kid from Marietta in this year's class is rated slightly higher than Beck, but he winds up at Tennessee. And there's no need to even address Trevor Lawrence. Emory Jones is down at Florida. Well Jake Fromm is a Georgia boy, you say? Well, remember that HE initially committed to Alabama. And if it wasn't Jake playing for us, it would have been Jacob Eason. And where's he from? Washington state.

Meanwhile, good Georgia quarterbacks have and continue to head to schools across the country, except right down or up the road to Athens. And we're left having to hope some out of state kids want to play for us. Nothing against them at all. I didn't play football at UGA but I'm from out of state. So I'm glad for the Stafford's, Murray's and (hopefully) Beck's of the world. They are DGD's. I just wonder why we can recruit kids in state from every position on the field EXCEPT quarterback.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    myfivedawgsmyfivedawgs Posts: 23 ✭ Freshman

I totally agree!!! I've been trying to figure that out for years!!!! SMH