Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Sugar Bowl burst: Georgia RB Zamir White found his groove in New Orleans

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageSugar Bowl burst: Georgia RB Zamir White found his groove in New Orleans

Georgia tailback Zamir White added some wiggle to his power game, testing his knees and finding his groove in a 26-14 Sugar Bowl win over Baylor

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Zamir gives credit where it's due....and that Woerner block was text book. Without the line...backs struggle. Zamir is a very likeable young man and humble...Kirby-type humble. I hope he can come fully back from his surgeries. He hinted at those D'Andre-esque "cutting and wiggle" moves in some of his touches last night. He will shine for Georgia!!!

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Absolutely awesome to see him tote the rock last night. He is so inspiring to fight back after 2 blown ACLs. He needs to watch film this off season on waiting for holes and blocks to develop and not always run into his blocker, but he was so tough last night and you could tell that he was wearing down the defense with his effort. Can't wait to watch that RB rotation next year!

• Options
    SWP04SWP04 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

ZEUS is a beast! He has got great power. But, I feel McIntosh has better talent, just needs playing time and maturity. He has cutting abilities and direction changes that Zeus does not have. Maybe the rebuilt knee has limited Zamir's confidence in cutting field?

Did anybody else feel like Zeus was missing holes as he started his runs? There were several times I felt like if he had seen the hole to the right or left, he could have broken out for a big gain. But instead he ran right into the crowded mass of lineman. Now I know its easier to see these holes on TV, but great backs have great vision and they find the gaps/creases. Maybe he just needs more experience? IDK, but what I do know that He is looking for somebody to run over!

thoughts anybody?

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

I get a strong Nick Chubb vibe from Zeus. Maybe McIntosh will be his Sony Michel: Thunder and Lightning 2.0!

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

No doubt Zamir gets it done in 2020. He will continue to get better following his blocks and making the quick cuts. McIntosh and Cook have similarities to Swift. Regardless of 2020 signees plenty to look forward to at running back.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

White moved left to right better than I remembered. Starting to take chances with his knees. A subconscious thing I'm sure after two surgeries. Took Nick a while to get his groove back. Lookout next season. I really like Kenny too. For whatever reason Cook doesn't run between the tackles as well. He really got lit up by their safety last night. Bruised ribs?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a fan of BAMA but am of good performances by young players. Najee Harris wow! Talk about a beast. If you didn't see his last few runs for BAMA in the Citrus Bowl, you owe it to yourself to check them out.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

It was a good performance...I'm still not ready to call him the second coming of Chubb