Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Zach Evans explains why he held off on his decision, praises Georgia football win over Baylor

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageZach Evans explains why he held off on his decision, praises Georgia football win over Baylor

ORLANDO, Fla., -- Zach Evans was originally supposed to announce his college decision on Thursday night. But he told reporters after the Under Armour All-American game that he knew the night before that wasn't going to be the case. Evans delayed his college announcement plans once again. When asked if he had signed a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

he's waiting to see what Swift is going to do. If Swift comes back, this kid will go somewhere else.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Everything that is going on with the schools, coaching staffs and stuff like that,” Evans said.

Makes me wonder, is he's waiting for all the games to finish and see who loses coaches, before he makes his decision.

I think Swift is going, so that shouldn't be a negative from a roster standpoint.

Looks like Georgia's finished with the coaching changes. Alabama and LSU?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evans was vague. I am not convinced UGA will be his football home? However, he was seen after the game talking with UGA signee LB Mekhail Sherman, who did tell him to come to the G. I am fairly sure his signed letter of intent will be submitted soon.... to whom....? Is Swift's decision to go or stay at UGA a factor...another ?

Meanwhile Heavily recruited TE Darnell Washington signed on with UGA! Major 5-star landing for Georgia. Major! Puts UGA #3 in 247sports composite recruiting ranking.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck young man. Tough decision to make.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They tried to get him to say with different questions who he signed with but it wasn't until the end that he gave his decision away unknowingly. When one of the reporters ask him when is the last time you talked to coach Smart and he answered a couple days ago. Now we all know he signed his letter and at that point other schools can't be in touch recruiting him but he just said he spoke with Kirby a couple days ago. JMO!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If all he is waiting on is coaching changes and who is declaring, then why should he have to declare himself a "good kid"? In the in game interview with Dion Sanders by his side, why should Sanders say, "He needs another chance." and references to the mistakes he's made? There's more to this than the public will ever know.

Another question, if he has not submitted his LOI can he submit it at anytime to enroll early since the early signing period has lapsed or does he have to wait until signing day in February?

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

There is an issue with what happened before his state championship game. He did something wrong and no one knows exactly what....yet, but it could affect his recruiting status. I wish I knew more but if he decides on UGA or has signed with UGA, once he's in the program, he will be forced to grow up quickly or go elsewhere. He is a very good talent, but must make better decisions no matter where he winds up.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with coaching changes or who is going pro or not.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man What In The World Is Going On ??? We need him at UGA! Go Dawgs !

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Simple. He violated team rules at the state championship game. Fought with his coaches and was sent packing. This was not his first problem if this nature.

The school he signed & delivered his LOI to, told him to cancel the announcement. It prevents the coaching staff from having to deal with his signing during the dead period and makes Evans show he will follow teams rules and coaches demands in the future. Show you've learned your lesson & that you are coachable. The Kirby gag order already in effect. Deion was there to keep the TV interview in line. This kid will quietly show up on campus in a few days wearing a choke collar and the shortest possible leash. Pun intended.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let the players play man ! New school in full effect !

• Options
    Dallas1862Dallas1862 Posts: 43 ✭✭ Sophomore

Two things, 1. Milton is signed (!!!!!!!) But decides last second to skip the game an come straight on to campus. Glad he's in the fold. Ditto for Washington.

2. Maybe he is planning to announce right after Ringo tomorrow. It's possible they wanted to announce together but different games being involved Evans told Ringo he'd wait an tweet after Kelee puts on the G.

What a way too start 2020 UGA wins the Sugar and we land the new 4 horsemen!

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I feel like he's signed and or committed to LSU. And with what could and good chance it will, he's waiting to see what happens with joe brady. If joe jumps to another team, either NFL or college, Evans will go elsewhere. Just my .02.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think this is a good example of the saying “clear as mud”. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Someone out there has the “real” story on this. Wish we could all hear it. This has to be one of the weirdest recruiting stories I’ve ever seen.

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

He is a 17/18 year old kid. I remember some of the **** stuff and bad decisions I made at that age. We really have no idea what is going on right now. Sure, I want him to be a Dawg as much as anybody, but we need to give this young man some room to make his decision. Go Dawgs and Zach, commit to the "G". The family will be there for you.

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He messed up before his high school playoff and was kicked off his team. I think he signed with Georgia, but we may no longer want him.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think that, if he has not submitted a signed LOI, he has to wait until February.