Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star ATH Darnell Washington has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageBREAKING: 5-star ATH Darnell Washington has made his college decision

5-star ATH Darnell Washington will be a tight end on Saturdays. Where will he go play college football in 2020? He went public with his early signing period decision at the Under Armour All-American Game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

BOOM!!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcoming your family into the DAWG Family Mr. Washington, enjoy your time in Athens..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Welcome aboard, Darnell! It IS great to be all DAWG!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"...needs to work on his conditioning and effort level and work rate in college to fulfill his immense potential." Signing with the "G" is great! Now comes the commitment to his team and a championship mentality!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A huge pick up to fill a great need.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never hurts to have a 6 '8" TE with a huge wingspan. Welcome to the family.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

Arik Gilbert and Theo Johnson...are more polished out of HS, but this guy could eclipse both. "needs to work on his conditioning and effort level and work rate in college".........He's going to get an indoctrination real soon.....he's up to it and will welcome it.....he should thrive in the UGA program! Go DAWGS!!

Ringo is up next!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome Darnell. You will put UGA tight ends on the NCAA football map. I am secure in that conviction. At almost 6' 8" and 265 lbs. you are bringing some imposing numbers to that position. And when refined by UGA coaches...there is no limit to your capability. It is a win-win for all concerned.

• Options
    SWP04SWP04 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

I am shocked we got this guy, since we never throw to TE's! maybe things are going to change, we can only hope. Kirby had to promise him something to get him to commit. Good work UGA staff!

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Does concern me that he didn't start ahead of a 3-star guy, but I think with some coaching up he might really be that guy. TE is a missing part of our offense, that might be where we need to look for coaching changes. But I have faith Kirby will get it done.

Welcome to Dawg Nation young man!