Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB legend Eric Zeier examines Jake Fromm's pending NFL decision, offense's future

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia QB legend Eric Zeier examines Jake Fromm's pending NFL decision, offense's future

Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm has a big decision ahead, as far as whether to leave for the NFL or return for his senior season to lead the Bulldogs

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well spoken Mr Zeier,..true, honest responses from someone who has been there..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    DawgOnTopDawgOnTop Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

If this is about money, here's what Fromm likely already knows from last year's top five selected quarterbacks. They are (name/round drafted/overall pick/contract) --

Kyler Murray, 1/1, $35M

Daniel Jones, 1/6, $17.2M

Dwayne Haskins, 1/15, $14.4M

Drew Lock, 2/42, $7M

Will Grier, 3/100, $3.8M

Unless I'm looking under the wrong rocks, Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, and a recently released CBS Sports mock draft all seem to have him as the #5 (+/-1) QB taken. Seeing how much Fromm likes the college game, simply moving from the #4 or 5 QB to the #3 next year, although not guaranteed, the decision might actually seem easier than one might think (hint, return). Good luck in your decision, Jake.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Zeier stayed on his senior year to improve some things he and the coaches saw that needed improvement and he would be a major part of that. Fromm should stay on IMO. I truly believe with the crew being assembled for 2020, and the projected new UGA "look", Fromm could not only improve his draft position, but moreover, he could reap some real satisfaction possibly hitting the FCP playoffs and even a FCP championship....it may be a year early, yes, however it is within reach. He really has nothing to prove but he is a competitor and just missed out on a natty earlier. I may be a dreamer, so be it. It is his decision....I wish him well.

(Without Fromm in 2020...I feel UGA chances slip dramatically. He is "dialed in" to this team and coaches and is an excellent leader.)

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Next season could be over by the time September ends with games against UVA and Alabama. Starting a first year quarterback in those games is not a recipe for success. If Fromm does not return, then it is critical to bring in a transfer.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think most folks will be stunned if Fromm turns pro now. A chance to beat Bama. A chance at a 2nd SEC championship. A chance at a national championship. Probably a few UGA/SEC records to break. Better receiving corps to open up the passing game. Did we target the tight ends at all during the Sugar Bowl? Did D-Rob drop the only pass thrown to him? I thought D-Rob would explode this year but don’t think anything happened with him.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can not wait to see which NFL teams are willing to waste a draft pick on Jake Fromm. He is a great guy and decent college QB, but I see another Christian Hackenburg, or even better....Aaron Murray.

• Options
    joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

ADawgOnTop::

Also, less money is guaranteed for 2nd round picks or lower:

Drew Lock---$7 million with $3.6 guaranteed

Will Grier ---$3.8 M with $822,000 guaranteed

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake..Ringo just signed on.....Washington is already on board....Milton...Smith....Rosemy.....LeCounte is returning....I am believing Evans is pre-signed ....on and on...we need you to really take this thing to CFPCG!!! We know you will make the choice best for you......! 2020 is going to be the year!