Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• JdawgfanJdawgfan Posts: 173 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I presume that Zach Evans is packed and ready to early enroll at UGA if they will have him. Does anyone know if he is actually in Athens meeting with the coaches to try to work this out?

• jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

That’s the top question for me. If it was something this serious then I would really like to know if any of the other top schools will take him.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My memory is that his final three were LSU, aTm and UGA. The one thing I hope is that, if he doesn't come to UGA, he goes to LSU. The Jameis Winston episodes are too fresh in my mind to want him to go to aTm.

• ajf611ajf611 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Could be that our coaches told him one more run in and we are done. If he had another run in, than they have to follow through. If the other teams involved did not give him a plan, than they would not lose any credibility. Just speculating per prior mentions on this forum.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Again, is there a possibility that it is/was the NCAA causing the hold-up due to the recruiting violations which I believe only became public after ESD?

• ZeldafanZeldafan Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore

Agree with texdawg, we should totally believe in Kirby and our coaches’ judgement: we only pick up players best for the team, not based on if LSU or other big teams want him or not. Our final goal is to win a Championship, we need players with heart, not those selfish players with talent but will put his own fame/interest above the team. As far as Evans is concerned, Jeff already gave the best comment: he is not essential for this recruiting class, more like a BPA for us. I’m more concerned if Jake will stay or not, no matter Evans plays for Dawgs or not, we already signed an amazing class for 2020! Not know exactly what happened to Evans, don’t want to assume anything bad in advance, but either way we are more than fine.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This. Also, I suspect that this specific situation isn’t entirely Kirby’s decision now, which is what the NCAA (bless their hearts) is talking about when it references “institutional control.”

Two physical altercations with coaches/authority figures is a serious matter (if true), and I’m glad it looks like UGA is taking it seriously.

Whatever happens, I hope young Mr. Evans learns how to handle disagreements with authority better than he currently appears to. He will always have authority in his life, and a fair number of those people will be jerks. That’s life.

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

yes We should believe in Kirby and the coaches. These are the folks that offered him and he committed too. They already knew there were questions. They also had to know that he was a fit with other players coming in like Milton. His dad even posted on social that they knew all along another running back was coming. He was a fit according to all involved. Unless he’s done something so egregious or illegal that we cannot accept him and likely others won’t either then we should give him a shot.

but if we do part ways it will by no means be the end of the world. This class is awesome!

• IwantburchIwantburch Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So do we expect any news about this situation today??

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We ain't had a DAWG like THIS since Hershel imo. Stud athlete

• mackdewlilmackdewlil Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

My theory is Kirby told him not to commit at under Armour and let DW have his day then not to do it Saturday let Kelee have his day and u can commit Sunday today and have ur day and he was like ok coach.

• TbullTbull Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hypothetical, but let’s assume Evans sent his LOI in and UGA accepted it. For whatever reason, UGA decides to let him out of his LOI and move on. Does accepting his LOI count toward the final number of signees in this class? Do we potentially lose a scholarship for this year, even if he is never on campus?

Anyone know the NCAA rules on this?

• mackdewlilmackdewlil Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Because we wanna win ships and that why u take him if they would. That’s obvious.

• ypcregypcreg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm relatively new also as far as posting, but I don't spread rumors. I've followed a long time, but only post when I absolutely can't endure those stupidity anymore.

Check how many DH1727 had when he started the initial rumor?

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So are going to get another dt or NT?

This discussion has been closed.