Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I'm sure y'all are right. Milton and Evans seemed more social types to me whereas Tank doesn't seem to do a lot of interviews that I've seen. And I got the feeling Evans was in the group chat they had going.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. I've defended him here many times (check my posts) and will continue to hope the best for him but 1)Kirby is in charge and it is evident, by the length of time this went on, that he tried to make it work. But 2) He (Zach) has to learn to just walk away from people who are baiting him (If, indeed that's what happened here). I'm done with it other than hoping he understands that there's a lesson to be learned here and learns it. At some point, regardless of adversity, you have to accept responsibility for your actions and learn from your mistakes. I truly hope he does. I'll continue to hope for the best for him.

• Options
    dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The coach probably did do something. I doubt that it warranted a physical response from Evans. You see on the news kids attack people for almost no reason. At my school students have been known to push teachers for no reason other than they have anger management issues.

As far as the championship game. I am proud to see a coach that will stand by principles. Kind of like the ones Kirby has not taking Evans regardless of how good he is. Our kicking players off the team that don't live up to UGA standards. Do you think it would make a difference to Kirby if we were about to play in the Championship game and someone violated a team rule.

• Options
    WDawg30004WDawg30004 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Team. Let’s end the Zach Evans talk and move on. #3 class with like 5 more we can sign. Fromm is returning ( I think ) and we are going to make a run at a natty !!! HBTFD!!

cue apple eating girl.

• Options
    VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was dancing on the ceiling all night long, just thinking abut ZE running with the night. Truly believing love will conquer all, I hoped he'd be between the hedges running with the night. Still, he should just sail on, and just go.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not even gonna attempt to try to understand any of that. I've got no idea. Kipp was asked and his exact response was..."With no enrollment, I'm told the counter toward the 25 is returned."

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perhaps, I guess it depends on the facts. The onus is on the adult, IMHO, to make sure it doesn’t go that far but ZE is old enough to know better.

• Options
    PhineasGagePhineasGage Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

It clearly states that there is a max of 25 students who can sign an NLI or financial aid agreement. As soon as the signature is on the NLI or FAA, the initial counter is gone. It's not enrollment that determines the counter, but the signature on the NLI or FAA.

Ask Kipp which NCAA bylaw states that if a player doesn't enroll it's not an initial counter. I haven't seen any references to enrollment being the criteria determining the initial counter, but the bylaws are long and complex. I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say. Got a link to that thread on TOS?

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FWIW I wonder if the cell phone incident info was managed by the HS coaches. Not the incident, but the facts, notably, was the physical aspect hidden until Zach had signed the LOI? I cannot believe that a 2nd physical incident would not have been instant news.

I think timing as a means to thwart another school is a tactic used when possible. Just speculation about the cell phone, but if there was a 2nd physical incident, again, it is very hard to believe that wouldn't have been on that evening's prime time news (so to speak) without it being purposefully hidden. Doesn't pass the smell test that there would be a delay in that info reaching UGA. So, it either didn't happen, or it was hidden.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Sounds like the perfect case for @Columbo

Seriously though, it appears to be done and done so maybe time to just put it to bed or out of its misery which ever one feels appropriate.

• Options
    MackDawgMackDawg Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Technical LOI Question . Does LOI have a early enroll designation vs summer enroll designation in the contract ?

• Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No doubt the coach(es) and Zach’s reported environment played a role, but Zach won’t be a Bulldawg because of choices he made. Solely blaming the coach is silly and a ricochet shot at Kirby.

• Options
    LinebackerTwoLinebackerTwo Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've believe I read TAMU has had a long history of missing on top players out of Evans' high school.

• Options
    LinebackerTwoLinebackerTwo Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior
This discussion has been closed.