Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football New Year's resolution: Best-case lineup with Jake Fromm returning

SystemSystem Posts: 10,571 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football New Year's resolution: Best-case lineup with Jake Fromm returning

ATHENS — The Georgia football New Year’s resolution hasn’t changed: win the national championship. The Bulldogs have been chasing it the past three years under Kirby Smart, playing 41 of their 43 games with national championship hopes alive. If Jake Fromm chooses to return -- his decision is pending, with optimism

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bing4sonsbing4sons Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Matt Landers? Best Case Scenario?

• Options
    DawgvilleDawgville Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

I love the Dawgs but sometimes I wish I could find all of the silver linings that this young man does. I try to see the very best in the future of the team but I cannot get to the glass overflowing point that he gets to.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Don’t say bowl games don’t matter, because the Sugar Bowl certainly did for Georgia.

"The silver lining to the New Orleans New Year’s Day Classic was UGA got a sample of what it could be with 12 former starters missing and Swift was limited to just one carry." This is what I and others have been saying all along. UGA adapted and WON! Coaching plus talented reserves!! Talent matters when coached well. Coley and Luke I believe were the catalysts. UGA is presenting a new more versatile "look." Fromm to Pikens is becoming a very good synergy. Zeus was a bull in a china shop and Kenny M, as well. Now, five top new WRs, a promising 5-star TE, CB, RB , plus some critical defensive returnees, have infused new life into the 2020 season. We need to add Jake Fromm to complete the deal. Looking pretty good!

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm wondering if all the attrition on the Offensive line will help secure Broderick Jones, probably isn't hurting.

I'd be a little surprised if Fromm jumps this year, but definitely not shocked if he does. He's in a can't lose situation, go make millions doing what loves or come back and become a legend. Kid has lived a blessed life that is for sure.

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Mike. I like what I see, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Jake stays we will be looking great!!! Also, we are probably close to 25 scholarships available now that Kindley has declared. Kirby has a been amazing at reeling-in transfers from the portal so stay tuned. My bet is we pick up 1 or 2 seasoned players to fill any potential weak areas. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't forget, several of the income freshman will undoubtedly be immediate impact players and starters early on in 2020. The future is bright indeed. Thanks for the article Mike.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting you didn’t mention Otis Reese in your line-ups prior to him announcing he was going to the transfer portal. Go Dawgs

• Options
    tomdatltomdatl Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

big question who is kicking field goals for us.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

best case is he comes into next year able to catch the flu.... then be can begin developing the ability to catch footballs.