Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia offensive guard Solomon Kindley decides on NFL future

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia offensive guard Solomon Kindley decides on NFL future

ATHENS — Georgia offensive guard Solomon Kindley is ready to take his game to the next level, announcing that he will forego his senior season of eligibility to enter his name into the 2020 NFL Draft.

Kindley, a 6-foot-4, 335-pound redshirt junior from Jacksonville, Fla.,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck in your future Mr. Kindley..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Congrats Solomon Kindley. DawgNation will be pulling for you in the pros. All the best! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish Solomon (and all the other pro-turning Dawgs) well, but this entire process is funny to me. The linemen are leaving even if they aren't definite first- or second-round draft choices (which used to be the determining factor in leaving school early) but the skill position folks are sticking around. Even Devontae Smith at Alabama is coming back and he was like their top pass receiver this year, stat-wise, even over Jerry Juedy. Then we have guys announcing that they're sticking around that should have been no-doubters (I'm looking at you, Justin Shaffer). I mean he was in a neck brace like the last five games of the season and he was only starting because someone else was injured. Was there really a need for him to "announce" anything? Just because you've been on campus for three years doesn't automatically make you pro worthy, even if you are pro eligible. There's a big difference.

Still, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure about why he's quitting school unless he's projected as a solid 2nd round pick. But these kids need to understand that if they stay and move up on the draft board they are actually making money by staying their senior year and improving their draft position. Albeit, It is delayed, but it could be substantially more (if they ballout) then by going lower in the draft. Maybe they're just tired of school and the grind, and some money now is better than (possibly) more money a year from now , but I just hope they are receiving good sound advice from folks who understand the difference in guaranteed money in the 2nd round versus the later rounds.

- Good luck Solomon- DGD!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck to one of the unsung heroes on the o line.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think with (some) linemen they sign on college just to get a prep school NFL grade...and then that isn't always the determining factor. Their original intent was NFL not an education or a degree. They thank the coaches, team and DawgNation fans, but generally not the professors or school dean.....lololol. Kidding. The NFL is part of the fabric of NCAA football. We deal with it.

• Options
    GABirdDAWG69GABirdDAWG69 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

I wish him nothing but the best in his future, but honestly I think someone gave him some bad advice.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's a guard. Guards don't get picked in the first round or two of the draft.

He's also been with the program for four years, so it's very possible that he has his degree or will have it relatively soon through online classes.

He's developed well over his time in Athens, and a guy who had Pittman for four years leaving should not be seen as a surprise when Pittman leaves. Kindley will do well.

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

I guess it's just selfishness on my part, but I think another year would help him. At least give the scouts another year injury-free on tape. Then again, if he gets injured it will be all for naught. Oh well, good luck Solomon!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This could also show that Luke might've been looking to shuffle him out. Especially if we're going to "open up" our offense next year. He's got a lot of experience, I know. But for someone that may not even get drafted to skip out, something doesn't seem quite right. Just hope he isn't falling for smoke and mirrors(nauta, holyfield). Speaking of those 2, whatever happened to speed training? I'm sure fromm could use some of that to get a little more pep in his step. Best of luck to kindley, he could dominate the NFL, but I just hope he isn't making the wrong decision.