Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia safety, former top-100 prospect, enters transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,701 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia safety, former top-100 prospect, enters transfer portal

Georgia's defensive backfield received some good news over this past weekend with the return of junior Richard LeCounte for his senior season. However, that return may have led to the departure of another safety. According to a report from Al.com's Matt Zentiz, sophomore safety Otis Reese has entered the transfer

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck Mr. Reese, wherever you choose to pursue your future..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dang ! Move him to LB

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Otis never quite panned out...so he bolted when LeCounte stayed put. He should have remained as Reed is gone. Loyalty today is an oxymoron. That is what the transfer egress is for! We wish him the best.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

Nothing is set in stone. As Kirby stated, this is the dead period. He cannot be picked-up by another team right now. I hope he ends-up realizing the grass is greenest underneath him, which it is. If he stays he would likely start if there is a n injury or likely be the man the year after. Get better at the best institution available and look to your future here Mr. Reese.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I will be sorry to see you go, if that is your decision.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry to see Otis go, but he wasn’t even projected to start in the “2 deep” line-up in Mike Griffith’s article written 4 hours ago. Mike’s article didn’t include the incoming DBs so Otis may have been buried alive in the talent pool. Good luck Otis.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is the downside to great recruiting.

@Dawg365, Sometimes the grass is not greenest underneath you. See Joe Burrow. See Justin Fields. See Jacob Coker, who refused to sit behind Jameis Winston, then transferred and won a Natty as QB1 at Bama. This is not like waiting for the 60 year old Regional Vice-President to retire and you're 35 and bidding your time. These kids have a 2-3 year window to get significant snaps to show what they can do. I don't blame the kid at all. I am surprised that James Cook is not in the portal. No way he beats out Zeus, McIntosh, and Milton. It would **** for our depth especially if we don't sign another back. I selfishly hope we keep Prather Hudson because I think the kid can play and he had the greatest pick up line of all time when he knocked Laura Rutledge down on the sideline.(I'll pick you up . . . at 7) I also have a huge amount of respect for Nate McBride who certainly is good enough to earn snaps at say, Vanderbilt, but wants to remain a Dawg.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow DawgNation editors, you wouldn't allow s--k, but you allow much more coarse language than that. For the record, I don't use profanity unless you consider s--k profanity.

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

87th best player in the US, 12th best in state of GA, 4-start ranking by the know-it-all's = 3-tackles

Yeah, right.........

Another miss by these so-called recruiting 'experts'.

I realize sometimes kids hit a wall & don't pan out, but these recruit ranking services are a joke. Time & time again I see players that were 3-stars that are much better than players ranked as 5-stars. I just hope the coaches are recruiting on their own sites & not depending on some joke recruiting service.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thus would be a good time to put Campbell at safety