Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A Dawgs fan’s favorite memories from an underrated season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,521 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageA Dawgs fan’s favorite memories from an underrated season

They might not have made the playoff, but the 2019 Georgia Bulldogs produced quite a few highlights.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks Bill, enjoyed the read.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great recap Bill. In addition, it was great to see Zamir White get through the season unscathed with all that young man has been through. We are going in the right direction when people are unhappy at 12-2, there were times when the games were tough to watch offensively. I have hope next year will be much better, with these continued monster recruiting classes we should be in contention every year.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great piece, Bill .....All I can say about that infamous home game against an inferior SC aggregate..is found in the theme song.... it was ....."A Rainy Night In Georgia."

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bill, I will read every article you write. Your passion for UGA football is evident in nearly every sentence. Thanks again for an enjoyable read.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank you Bill for this piece. It's easy to forget fabulous games and plays when the ending doesn't turn out the way we Dawg fans wanted.

I'll just end with what an unlikely source told me as I agonized over the SECCG game going on. My wife, also a diehard Dawg fan said, "I wish we could have played LSU at the first of the season, and had let them get a dose of Cager, Swift, Pickens for a whole game..."

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FYI ONLY....Hey Posters...Baylor Coach Rhule is gone....just hired by the Panthers. Defensive coach is the interim chief mentor.

• Options
    adcdadcd Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

I lost my dad the day after South Carolina beat us. It put the game loss into perspective for me.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA finishes this season ranked 3rd behind LSU and Clemson. Had we beaten South Carolina we’d have earned a rematch against LSU only to be shredded a second time - probable final ranking around 6th. The most positive thing to me this season is that UGA came to play in the Sugar Bowl, unlike last year. The UGA bowl game fan base needed significant improvement as there were too many empty seats, and Georgia-side seats were dirt cheap.

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great piece Bill. I love all your columns and so glad you continue to contribute here. Thanks and Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks Bill. Go Dawgs !

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wozzo--Ohio State will definitely finish 3rd, after a close loss, their only loss, to Clemson in the semifinal. They could even be 2nd if Clemson blows out LSU, as unlikely as that is. However, LSU beat Oklahoma worse than they beat UGA, though OU scored more against them. We have a chance to move up to 4th. Go Dawgs!