Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Decision: Jake Fromm considers putting faith in Georgia football another season

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageThe Decision: Jake Fromm considers putting faith in Georgia football another season

Georgia football star Jake Fromm must decide if he will return to the Bulldogs for another season, or declare himself eligible for the NFL draft

Read the full story here

Comments

• DawgOnTopDawgOnTop Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mike, I enjoy reading your blogs, and I understand how important this/Jake's decision is to Georgia football next year...but dang...this story of "what will he do" continues to kick the dead horse.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article Mike. God will put Jake where he wants him to be, and I have no doubt that Jake will follow what God wants him to do. He will be blessed beyond measure either way.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who’s to say Fromm will be on the sideline holding a clipboard next year if he decides to go to the NFL. Depending on which team drafts him he may be “the man” for that particular franchise. Geez, what an assumption. Kinda what we’ve come to expect from DawnNation beat writers. Go Dawgs!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God doesn't give you superstitious-like signs telling you what to do - the greatest gift is the gift of knowing He is there for you while letting YOU decide what to do. He has setup the stage with teammates making their decision and other QBs making their decision and recruits have signed on the dotted line and made their decision.

You know what decision to make Jake, so quit stalling and let us and Smart know so we can move on with ours lives.

• Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I appreciate this story, even if it does not give more information that we have already, because I know that if this story weren't posted, people would be on the message boards saying, "Hey Mike, what's Fromm going to do? You have to know, so tell us!"

Maybe Mike knows, maybe he doesn't -- but the fact is that it's possible Fromm doesn't know either right now. I think Mike mentioned this on the podcast today, but Jake's totally under a microscope in Athens. As a pro, though, he'd be a backup somewhere (probably) and would have zero stress other than getting better as a player and keeping a job. Not that that is "zero" stress, but....

Put yourself in Fromm's 21-year-old head for a moment. You love college and your teammates, but everywhere you go you have middle aged men and women either lionizing you or disparaging you. That fishbowl is tough to live in. Could you do it?

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Jake is truly worried about what someone like me or you is posting on Dawgnation about him, he's in the wrong business. This aint Little League any more. This is big time college football and if he goes to the NFL this year, and somehow manages to start in his first year, this little bit of praise or criticism on here would be but a drop in the bucket. I think Jake is big enough to handle any of our comments( if he even pays attention to them), which I doubt he does.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The headline is almost misleading unless read carefully.....Fromm still has not decided......The Bama game could break UGA's season before it gets started. No idea why it is on the schedule and why so early? Doesn't mean we can't win the east crown , but it could be a one loss again up front?? Yes, it could be a big UGA win also, but given recent Dawg-Bama history......? They are without Tua. We maybe without Fromm.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not debating the point, but how do you know?

You know the story, right?

Paul Finebaum was at Florida where he saw in the Swamp a red phone on the sideline. He asked Dan Mullen about it. Dan explained it was a hot line to God, but required a credit card and was rarely used because the calls were so expensive. Much the same happened to him at an Alabama home game. When he was Between the Hedges he saw and inquired about a similar phone and the expense of using it, but was told to pick up the phone and begin talking. It was in Athens a free, local call.

Maybe Jake has God on speed dial.

Go, Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike, this title is so misleading.