Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

David Pollack's ringing endorsement of possible UGA target as grad-transfer QB

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageDavid Pollack's ringing endorsement of possible UGA target as grad-transfer QB

Now that Jake Fromm has left for the NFL, who will replace him as UGA’s quarterback? Obviously, there’s quarterbacks on UGA’s roster who will be competing for the job. There’s also the popular idea of the Bulldogs adding a grad transfer quarterback. Some of the possible targets include Houston’s D’Eriq King,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sorry! I take back what I said in the other QB article. This guy is a stud and more than welcome to come to Athens! :) Dude looks mighty impressive! WOW!

• Options
    DocckDocck Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

Woah! Can we get number 14 too? :)

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm with you. I'll have to take back what I said also. I know this is highlights but dude throws a beautiful deep ball. Great receivers too and I like the way they high point the ball, Pickens does that very well also. His run ability could really help out Zeus and the gang. Defense couldn't just crash down on the middle, they would have to defend sideline to sideline in the run. RPO sets up well for him.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much as I like Carson Beck, Newman could really help develop the QB room!

I want UGA in the best position, and losing Fromm really hurt...my family loves that kid!

I was hoping Fromm could help develop Beck...then again, Beck may turn out to be another freshman Jake Fromm.

Either way, we have to have more depth at this position!

• Options
    BohicaBohica Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

He looks pretty soild. Hopefully Kirby plays the best QB. Curious to see how he would look against SEC defense's week in and week out. Only time will tell

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

P.S. According to an article by Bruce Feldman on the Athletic, Newman is in Atlanta this week working with his private QB coach. Newman has interest in Georgia according to that article as well. Here's hoping.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was thinking the same. It's easy to look good when you're playing against weak competition. His arm strength seems to be equivalent to Fromm's - he's certainly no Eason when it comes to throwing strength. Eleven INTs is a bit of a concern, but he would give us the added dimension of a run threat in RPO formations.

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

I saw Newman play a little big in the bowl game and I was impressed. He's the kind of athletic qb fanboys have been screaming for all this past season. He's far better than any qb on the gators roster.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with Docck...#14 impressive receiver...good speed and sticky hands. Yes, Newman has a rocket arm and pinpoint accuracy but the SEC is a step up. At any rate, this kid can run as well and is not afraid to. I am sure Kirby is after him along with many other schools. At least he would be a starter. That is incentive. I also like Costello from Stanford. This guy shows real promise. Either one.

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Totally agree! I posted yesterday Kirby should out this young man at the top of the list. Running ability opens up more options.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We had a pretty good dual threat quarterback but now he's in Ohio. I like this kid He's not afraid to throw the football. I just hope if we bring him in we don't turn him into a handoff king and third down passer. We have to change our offensive strategy.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of the time in college ball today a team really needs a TRUE dual threat QB. This guy appears to fit the bill better than anyone on our current roster. He's big enough to take the hits and accurate enough to complete the passes. Most importantly- he's got lots of playing time experience.

GO get 'em Kirby!!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think he would be a great addition. Watching some of his highlights would show he has alot of promise. Would also be great to know if the Tarik Black rumors are true? Any wide receiver with experience would help. Look at cager, at Miami, he was so-so. Comes to georgia and lights it up. KJ Costello scares me for the injury bug, same with Anthony Brown. And the possibility with D'Eriq King sounds good, but would he try to turn it into a one man show?

• Options
    MiltonDawgMiltonDawg Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Should be our #1 target. He singlehandedly drove the Wake O this year. Very impressive young man. Close it!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree that he hasn’t played against SEC defenses, but he’s still put up great stats while leading a mediocre ACC offense. This kid is a winner and would be a huge addition to our team.

• Options
    evanevanevan11evanevanevan11 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

All aboard the Jamie Newman hype train!

I’m having some fun with this.. I checked his followers on IG and twitter and the ones at the top are all UGA people. Does that mean he added them recently? lol

Also, apparently he’s working out in Atlanta currently and there is reported contact with him and interest from UGA:

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1214979142489235456?s=20

https://twitter.com/thekellyprice/status/1215047044504662016?s=20

And his high school coach now says he's made his decision and expects him to be enrolled for the spring:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDasher1/status/1215335959673307139?s=20

Anyone got current heisman odds on Newman? haha

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Newman behind UGA line throwing to UGA athletes' might be fun to watch

That would be my top choice , He is the one most game ready to step in and compete to play

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just want us to keep winning ! Keep the UGA program amongst the elite !

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would love to see Mr. Newman in the Red&Black next fall..GoDAWGS!