Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Don't blame UGA fans for Jake Fromm's bittersweet departure

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football podcast: Don't blame UGA fans for Jake Fromm's bittersweet departure

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t think Jake put any stock in the arm chair QB’s opinions or advice when deciding his future.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry BA, but negative comments about Fromm from people like yourself DID hurt the cause. I know Jake is a “man of faith”, but even those type of men have feelings. Anyone with half a brain could see the incessant bashing of Fromm for issues out of his control (ie lack of experienced receivers) was taking a toll on him. Please quit trying to sugarcoat the truth after the damage is done.

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

BubbaBill is right.....ur constant harping and negativity especially after a tough loss to LSU when we were simply beat by a better team without our full Arsenal was disgusting. You really have no idea what it takes to be a football player and quite frankly very little knowledge of the game itself. I don’t listen to your blustering anymore but do like the comment section where we can tell you exactly how we feel. After next year, you will appreciate Fromm instead of this imaginary dual threat QB monster that you think can be just be conjured up on a football field w a run and gun offense. If it were that easy son, everyone would have the offense that you dream up.

• Options
    Viper2369Viper2369 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I have to agree with Drew Butler's take on this (he had a podcast about it), in that the fan's hostility definitely had something to do with it. It's not a matter of Jake hating the fans for it, it simply made it not fun for him. You watch his demeanor after the SC game this year, when fans turned on him, and he wasn't enjoying the game nearly as much as he has in the past.

I'm a lifelong Dawg fan and Alumnus of UGA, but even I've stated we have more than our fair share of bad apples in the fan base. The entitlement and frustration of being so close to winning the big games and National Championships is spilling over from the fan base and people are getting down right nasty. I'm sure Jake understand's it's the vocal minority, but it still makes someone question whether it's worth it or not. It doesn't help when the media stirs that pot just to get clicks and ratings. I guess that's why I don't really follow any sports media anymore. I haven't watched sportscenter in probably 15 years, I've not listened to Dawgnation Daily in a year or so, and I get annoyed with WSLS when Will gets on his high horse. The most fun "conversation" about college football left is The Solid Verbal.

• Options
    SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he didn't like criticism, being an NFL QB is the wrong profession for him. Of course holding a clipboard for the next decade probably won't warrant as much pressure as coming back to UGA for another year. So if he was affected by it, probably best he leaves the business unfinished and let someone take over who understands the pressure is a privilege.

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

A person is being unreasonable if they think it's the fans that made Fromm bolt. It's obvious it's the inept, archaic offensive coaching he is escaping from. The quality of coaching at UGA is simply not up to par and it begins with the HC. Georgia put their money on the wrong guy.