Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mark Richt on Jamie Newman: 'I predict he will be the best quarterback in the SEC'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageMark Richt on Jamie Newman: 'I predict he will be the best quarterback in the SEC'

Georgia football may have its replacement for Jake Fromm lined up, as ESPN's Mark Schlabach was the first to report that Wake Forest graduate transfer Jamie Newman has landed with the Bulldogs. There is a Jamie Newman listed in the Georgia student directory but nothing official has been announced regarding his status

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

Welcome to the DawgNation Jamie Newman.....you are a part of the family now.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

JEEBUS......don't you ever write anything original, something of your own??

Always about a day ahead of you.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Welcome aboard. Best of luck with the Dawgs.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

He’s always dreamed of playing Virginia. That’s why he chose us.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach Richt knows quarterbacks! Great endorsement! Welcome to the greatest university and college town in America!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Something I posted yesterday morning. "If we get the kid from Wake Forrest that could be the game changer we need."

As a former coach who shall not be named used to say....YESSIR!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

This guy obviously didn't watch any film of our 2019 offense...

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Power arm and power wheels...Go Jamie!!!!!!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hello Newman!

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Caveat....Please don't take this as **** or twitchy...but I hope the other QBs see Jamie as a one year only eligibility status and do not transfer...stranger things have happened....ok Carson Beck, et al? Learn, practice and compete for the starting role. Spring and summer will tell us how good Newman really is. I am not leaning on the word of Mark Richt, ACC commentator.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now we need a quarterback coach.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Richt was pretty good at evaluating quarterback talent. Newman will only be better surrounded by UGA recruits.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let the competition begin. I hope and pray that we open up our offense and use this guy's talents. We can't turn them into the check down King or the back shoulder fade king.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not only intrigued by his physical potential through his overall size/durability, arm strength and running ability, but also what's between his ears. A degree from Wake means he's probably a very smart dude, so should be able to absorb the playbook quicker than most. And the maturity of his thought process-- reading coverage before the snap, speed of receiver progressions, etc.-- should likewise be advanced and distinctive. I'd rather have Jake back, but wish the DGD well in pursuit of his professional dreams. Newman has the tools to be a darn good alternative, while the QBs already on the team are similarly given a good shot at competing and pushing the bar.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Iron sharpens iron. I hope Beck and Mathis see it that way and go after it. Newman is here but has not won anything yet. I think the competition is going to be good for all 3 and may the best man win. I think this will be a harder blow to Stetson than the other 2.

Going to be some studs to get the ball to this year and there is no way Washington can't be a big factor in our offense out of the TE position. That dude is a beast big time!

• Options
    joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

Maybe i'm missing something but why would he transfer? He started twelve games , had a good season & surely would have started next season. I get it that UGA would provide more high profile exposure, but he has to compete for the starting job. Unless Kirby gave "guarantees" like others accused Ryan Day with Justin Fields.