Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia getting more than dual-threat quarterback in Jamie Newman

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia getting more than dual-threat quarterback in Jamie Newman

Georgia graduate transfer Jamie Newman has great quarterback skills, but also, leadership qualities and an ability to work with different types of players

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

the dawgs have their mobile QB now. Don't want excuses just results

• Options
    Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Maybe we got a quarter back that can get us a yard on short yardage

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Timmons, you are singing our song: Newman the Leader. Team galvanizer. Just what UGA ordered....thank you Coach Smart!!! We have a bunch of new folks that will benefit from his experience and talent straight away "in the huddle." Newman is a lead sled dawg...of team captain material. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Now our coaching vacancy becomes a key indicator of our focus for next season. If we bring in another offensive mind that will indicate to me that we're looking to shake things up.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

the dawgs have their mobile QB now. I look forward to seeing how we do.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Newman's promo video will show he can get more than just a yard on short yardage. One run was for 50 yds. This QB can run and pass...not scramble...RUN! Oh it is looking good for 2020!!!! And take a gander at his new stellar group of receivers....just waiting to pull in the ball for him and on into the House!!! Look at Arian Smith's world class speed!!! Pickens and Rosemy's sticky hands and aerobatics!! And yes, Darnell Washionton a 6'8" TE!! Plus Jamie has some solid backs to dump off to as well. Go Zeus! Kendall Milton!! I keep pinching myself as this NEW 2020 team expands!!! This may be UGA's answer to.....The Dream Team!

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've changed my tune on dual threats. I believe now they are a must to win in today's college football. If Saban has migrated to that system, then it tells me alot. Every one of the teams that were in the playoffs have very mobile, athletic QBs. Hope UGA follows suit. Hope Newman is as advertised. Hope our coaching staff knows how to maximize his talents.

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Last night, I stumbled on a YouTube video from someone who publishes UGA Football videos, announcing out new QB had signed and was already in Athens. After viewing this news, I jumped this site and checked it for several hours. Crickets here, nothing until this AM. Dawg Nation you got scooped bad

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bennett, Mathis and Beck are all mobile QBs. Newman will bring the leadership and experience that was needed before his arrival. Glad to see some of you are coming around to what I have been saying...this 2020 team is legit. Our offense will be dynamic and our defense will be lights out.