Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Holly Rowe explains tearful moment, how Justin Fields' success affected Jake Fromm perception

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Holly Rowe explains tearful moment, how Justin Fields' success affected Jake Fromm perception

NEW ORLEANS — ESPN reporter Holly Rowe has kept steady nerves through some of the most exciting and high-pitched moments in sports history. But Jake Fromm left her overwhelmed with emotion. WATCH: How Jake Fromm made Holly Rowe cry Fromm, a junior quarterback who recently surprised many football experts by declaring

Read the full story here

Comments

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia was very, very lucky to have Jake Fromm. I almost wish he could have left after his sophomore season because he would have been spared some of the unfortunate experiences that occurred during his junior year. Of course Georgia would not have been nearly as good without Jake. I listened to Brandon Adams today and he said in his experience over time we tend to forget the bad experiences in our lives and remember the good things. I hope that's true for Jake, and in the future when he looks back on his time with the Bulldogs, he sees those three years as something to treasure forever. Jake Fromm is a fine young man, and as I look back on the last three years I realize how lucky we were to have him as our quarterback.

• MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

A lot of the criticism of Jake was initiated and exacerbated by the drama queen media, and much of it right here on Dawgnation. Thanks a lot!

• Texas_DawgTexas_Dawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Here is the answer! Georgia has other 4/5 Star WRs/TEs on the squad! Some that have been on the team with Fromm from the beginning! The perception was why could Fromm not get on the same page those players. Fields transferred to a whole different school but was able to get on the same page with WRs he had on been working with a few months and put up major numbers compared to Fromm. Georgia has one of the best Olines in the nation this past year but Fromm's numbers don't reflect that!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our backup went to a new team and managed to get on the same page with his receivers. But Jake has always had (2) 1000 yard RB behind him. when he made throws he was off bad at times missing wide open guys. Thanks for the last three years but im ready to see how we can change and get better on offense and catch up the the LSUs of the world.

• Dawg4lyfDawg4lyf Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ Junior

It is amazing how fast Dawg fans have gotten spoiled by Kirby, Fromm & Co. We went from a perennial 9-4 or 10-3 team, 2nd or 3rd in division and the Gator bowl visit to being disappointed and complaining about 12-2, East Champs and winning Sugar Bowl. People and media have talked all year about the classiness and respect UGA fans have shown opponents but yet some talk so much trash about our own players who worked their butts off every day.

Some of us are the best armchair QBs in existence but most have no clue what it takes to hit that field and lead a major college team with these expectations. Kirby and Fromm have been amazing and I have way more trust in Kirby's ability to continue making the best decisions for this team than I do in "baddawgfootallgenuis3541" who comes on here and tells us how he'd do it different and so much better with easy.

Fromm made some mistakes, he did some great things and he benefited in the past from an awesome supporting cast and he struggled with a group that simply had less experience and talent...you have to say the same things about guys like Murray and Stafford.

When a UGA QB, in 3 years, leads us to 36 wins, 3 East Championships, 1 SEC Championship, a Rose Bowl win, 2 Sugar Bowls (1 win) and an amazing National Championship game...well, the rest of you can continue to complain. I prefer to say "Thank You Jake Fromm and I hope you have a great future ahead of you".

It would be nice to see fans as a whole just say thanks instead of taking petty shots and insults (ie-"good luck in xfl" or "won't take a snap in NFL") but I guess, sometimes, I simply ask for way too much.

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wonder if some of those ripping him even have children. The young man represented himself, his family and school with nothing but class. I hope the shiny new thing Newman is a super stud, but compare his stats to Fromm’s and they are almost the exact same with one glaring exception: twice the number of picks, and that’s against ACC defenses. Fromm could fill a 2 minute highlight reel, too. Those who think good QBs just grow on trees should ask Florida and Texas fans about their last decade of frustration.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Newman played for Wake Forrest. Think about it.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake did the best he could with what he had. In some ways he overachieved(can't scramble and not the strongest or most accurate arm on deep balls). He'll go down as one of the best UGA QB's ever. He got to play with a lot of NFL talent beside him. We almost won the Natty with him. He's a wonderful human being. Wish him nothing but the best. If he had stayed I would be rooting him on. We were never going to beat LSU (a team of destiny , it seems). But it was his decision to move on. Maybe too many offensive linemen leaving and didn't want to take a beating and get hurt and mess up his chance for the NFL. Next man up. Go Dawgs!

• UGAGloryYearsGradUGAGloryYearsGrad Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Here's what I texted my brother during one of the tough games this year: "FFF - Full Faith in Fromm".

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Newman's getting all the love before ever suiting up with the Dawgs. I too am excited about the possibilities he brings to the table! However, just wait until he throws an interception in a big moment or God help us all if he has a bad game against Virginia and we lose. The hate on Jake will be like a spit in the ocean compared to what will rain down on Newman and also Kirby for bringing him to Athens!

Jake was a major contributor to many more wins than the few losses we had the past three years!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love how Brandon Adams had a podcast a few days ago downplaying the impact fans had on Fromm’s decision to leave. Jake was awesome and I sincerely appreciate all he did for the Dawgs. He’s a winner and gave his absolute best effort every week. As a side note, Mr. Wonderful (Justin Fields) was known to be disruptive in the locker room and a spoiled brat. Also, his last play for UGa was a totally choked fake punt against Bama while his last play for Ohio State was an interception in the end zone. Hmmmmm, it appears some of those anti-Fromm fans seem to overlook the facts regarding their love child Fields.

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ol showed up it gave Fromm more time to stand around and look lost in the pocket than any other QB in the nation the past few years and the running game was down in part because not a single team respected the idea Fromm would push the ball down field so they kept the safeties in the box

Fromm was a very accurate and safe playing QB. That style will win you a bunch of games with so much talent around you.

(Missed) hmm not many college players are ever missed. Only the legends and that's not what Fromm is or will be in the future. I do think he will be thought of fondly and has earned the title of a DGD but at the end of the day he will be just another good QB Georgia has had in recent times along with David Greene Mike Bobo Aaron Murray all had great careers and are upstanding people that gave a lot to UGA

• CaptainDawgCaptainDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Another hyped UGA QB does not win it all. 40 years and counting. Think about that.

• CaptainDawgCaptainDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Fromm haters are armchair qb's??....then you proceed to be one yourself. Can't make this stuff up.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jake provided Dawg fans with three great seasons and some wonderful memories. Unlike most of the cyber world taking shots at him, Jake is a class act and a true leader. Best wishes as he prepares for the NFL draft and beyond. I think it's also worth mentioning that Holly Rowe is a fine person, reporter and a credit to her craft. Go Dawgs!

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a misleading headline. there is no explanation of how Justin Fields' success affected Jack. Holly indicated that had it had affected him, but there is no confirmation or elaboration of that.