Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Where should Jake Fromm rank among Dawgs quarterbacks of past 20 years?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,468 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageWhere should Jake Fromm rank among Dawgs quarterbacks of past 20 years?

He might not have been Georgia’s greatest signal-caller, but he’ll definitely be missed next season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article Bill. G day should be must see TV coming up in April. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stafford definitely in last place. Never won a thing.

• Options
    RollDogRollDog Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bill, I generally fall inline with your own over this period-especially with respect to DJ. If that kid had played two seasons at UGA, we’d be erecting statues. When he went down during the game right before the UF game, I became physically ill. No way we lose to Florida and we win .......Oh well whatever.

Murray, Greene, Shockley, Fromm, Stafford

• Options
    Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

This is my list:

1 green

2 murray

3 Shockley

4 fromm

5 wish we could go further back Eric Z

• Options
    SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Murray

Green

Shockley

Bobo

Fromm

Stafford

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So hard to judge QB's because as we have seen they are generally as good as the receivers they have. Jake ranks up there with the best though. Jake only won 1 game when he passed over 30 times in a game, 1-7 maybe? (some stat like that) which says to me he needed the run game more than an Aaron Murray did. Much more social media today than even 5-6 years ago. Highs are higher and lows are lower.

Murray

Fromm

Green

Shockley(1 yr only)

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Greene

Murray/Fromm

Stafford

would be my top 4 ….. Stafford was far and away most talented but didn't put up the wins ..… Shockly was the most fun to watch (not sure I have ever seen a UGA QB better at throwing an awesome deep ball, maybe Zier )

worst starter of the last 20 years is simple - Greyson Lambert - weak armed and just in way over his head

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would rank Jake at the top with Murray, with the way he was able to come in and lead the team as a true freshman through the most magical season in the last 35 years and follow that up the next year. I'm not sure that Aaron could have done what Jake did as a true freshman, or even a redshirt freshman. Aaron had to go through a good bit of improvement to get to what he was his last 2 years. And the skill position players were pretty equivalent (Gurley, Marshall, King, Mitchell, Conley, Rome, Lynch); OL wasn't as good but offensive coaching was much better.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Would have loved have seen Murray perform with the same surrounding talent that Fromm has had. Either way, I appreciate both for their immense contributions. DGDs all the way, as are all the QBs mentioned in the article.

• Options
    tpharistpharis Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

In no particular order, Fromm, Stafford, Greene, Murray. At the time they were Dawgs, each was my favorite of all time...productivity over time, leadership, and of course wins. I'm thinking I might be adding another name next year, making it a "top five."

• Options
    tpharistpharis Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

And, one more thought....going past the "last 20 years," Ray Goff could run the veer like no one else! Of course a different era, but in my time following the Dawgs (mid 60's) I would put him on my top 5, again in no particular order.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Going back further, you have Charlie Trippi, who led his team to a national title 1946 and was Heisman runner-up.  In between his college carreer, he served in the military in WW2.  He wasn't a pure qb, did a lot of things.  But I'll make sure to mention him in this forum. 

• Options
    thetoastedheadthetoastedhead Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

Murray

Fromm

Greene / Shockley

Stafford

Mason

Eason

Lammert

Tereshinski

• Options
    GABirdDAWG69GABirdDAWG69 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2020

Murray

Greene

Shockley

Fromm

Stafford

The rest really don't matter they were just stop gap QB's (outside of Eason) filling a void at the most critical position on a football team. Hence Mark Richt no longer being at UGA. Just sayin...