Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Georgia football lands Florida State tight end

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageBREAKING: Georgia football lands Florida State tight end

The transfer portal has brought forth another option for Georgia's tight end room in 2020. Florida State transfer Tre' McKitty has made his college decision.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome news!!! Go Dawgs and welcome Tre’

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like a great addition to the team!

Kirby and company getting it done on the recruiting trail...

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hi Tre'...you have entered the Dawg House, a program of elite players and coaches. We know you will excel while at UGA. Welcome!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Holy cow! This guy is a BEAST!

Welcome Tre'! I know we can use you!

Tre' 6'5" 245 lbs., Darnell 6'8" 265lbs. TEs.......perspective!!!!!!! Will Jamie or whomever have some great targets or what>>>? I am getting giddy! GO DAWGS!!!

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does this also mean the staff is not sold on the kids they've recruited that have been in the program now 2-3 years as redshirt sophomores and freshmen? Did we miss on those kids? Now, it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of them transfers after spring ball. Do teams usually carry 5 TE's on the roster?

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The cream usually rises to the top. If someone has been in the system for a couple of years and can't find their way onto the field, that says something. I don't believe just because you have a scholarship entitles you to play. It will however get you a very good education which is what these young men were promised. It's a new age in college football, kids coming and going.

Every kid needs to realistically(if that's possible) assess their own abilities and decide if they want to try to fight for a starting job against elite talent or go to a lessor program or division and stand a much better chance of starting.

Welcome aboard Tre!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm starting to believe that there is some value in Graduate Transfers. Immediate Eligibility, plus experience, more experience and age and maturity. Someone that has spent 4 years (he was enrolled just a little over 4) working their tail off, learning the process and bulking up.

A 3-star HS recruit might not be a player that would be expected to be a first rounder in the NFL, but you know what? I bet he'll be more prepared and more polished on Day 1 compared to most of the others.

Welcome!

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now we need to open up our offense. Being known as Tailback U is not the positive it used to be.

Tre' is cream and so is Darnell Washington. These two trees will snag many a pass. Smart/Todd Hartley TEC know exactly what they are doing ...stacking the depth chart. Transfers, injuries, etc. New, more open offense, more receivers. Note that two very good TEs have signed on to UGA...they see and are being told something..huh? Need one more multi-star RB!! Maybe a transfer. So far, Milton and Zeus will see much action...maybe J. Cook and K. McIntosh. I thought we would have had more takers by now? RBC Dell McGee needs to step it up.

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And we have a few more open spots! I am getting very excited about The 2020 class!

Also now I am dying now I am dying to know who will fill the coaching vacancy.

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

It would be nice to have a decent OC to coach this talent .

Who knows Tom1111, that may be in the offing as well??? Kirby is beginning to see more light as the football world changes....he needs to adapt with it. Coley is good on occasion in my personal book. Coley needs consistency. He is Kirby's go-to chum...so it won't be hurried. It has a lot to do with Kirby's forward plan. Bluntly....you will see more than a handful of portal entries if Kirby does not open up the offense. He must know this. Right? You cannot dictate to the way college football is progressing....it dictates to you...or you will be forever chopping wood. God forbid. Ask Pickens? He has actually won games for UGA with his aerobatics. So...there is hope. You WILL see a different, much improved offense this season...IMO. Feel it in mah bones!

• TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hope the coaching staff can develop these players to their full potential

• Ga247Ga247 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Great addition! Welcome Tre'

Ya got me wondering...would Kirby maintain status quo on coaches were they not performing ? Seriously. He knows his run often and pass when convenient will no longer win games..look at the new running/passing QB, WRs and TEs he's added. Look at the attempt in the SECCG...and the success in the Sugar. Maybe they are beginning to think outside "the box"? Hope so or it is going to be a very long season.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

Welcome Tre'!! TE room is getting a little more crowded...for the better. Tre can help coach up D.Washington on the position and the younger UGA TEs can have more time to develop and also help both new TEs to acclimate to the UGA way. I think this gives us a great opportunity to run more sets that are going to challenge defenses. UGA has can run their double TE formations that are a threat to pass as well as run. These two new TEs can create some major match-up problems for opposing defenses. Now we need to finish strong for this recruiting cycle. Get those big men signed!!!