Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Predicting Georgia football 2020 schedule, record

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imagePredicting Georgia football 2020 schedule, record

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Predicting Georgia football 2020 schedule, record The 2019 season is in the book, with the national champion LSU

Read the full story here

Comments

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Florida game was not really that tight. Georgia actually dominated that game for the most part. Aside from those late scores. Florida will once again be the biggest game of the year.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Kirby and the Dawgs will beat Bama twice next year...if Bama makes it to ATL!

Mullen's best chance to beat Kirby was 2019. In 2020, Mullen will begin playing with a roster of mostly Mullen's own players which does not bode well for the Gators!

In 2020, only UF will have an off week the week prior to playing the Dawgs as opposed to the five in 2019. Great news for the Dawgs!

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just hope we come out fast and hot each half. We have got to start burying teams in the second half. Stop with the extreme conservativeness and almost letting teams come back to beat us. So kirby, take coach orgerons philosophy. Become hands-off on the offense. Yeah there's big risks, but with no risks, no rewards. If you don't allow any trickery or trying different things, we're gonna be mediocre again next year and we'll have another South Carolina game. Just shows no trust. That even shows you had no trust in your golden boy Jake Fromm.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With breaking in a new QB, and returning only one reliable / proven receiver (at this point) you have to favor Bama, as the game is too early for the offense to be settled and hitting it's stride.

If they both meet up again in the SECCG, it could be a completely different story. Georgia may field the best defense in CFB, and they'll have plenty of options at receiver and tight end, they will just need some time to jell. By the time they go to Jacksonville, the offense could be legit. GOOOODAWGS!

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I meant by the offense. And how many games should we have lost? We could've very well been a 8-4 team or worse this year if not for a little luck and our defense bailing us out.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

This sounds about right.......The only way the Dawgs are going to beat Bama is if the offense really comes together and someone steps up........I think the Florida game will not be that close...I don't see the talent level there and Mullen is an over rated coach

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Connor, you might as well be predicting the weather for the games while you are at it.

The 2020 recruiting classes aren't even complete yet, and we are predicting scores of games next year? Absurd.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

This is a silly exercise. The final AP Top 25 for 2019-20 has the DAWGS @#4, and Bama #8.

And Conner, you've already got us losing to Bama next season???

If CKS goes 0-3 against Bama, then the Georgia football program is in trouble. We've got as much talent in 2020 as Bama, so it comes down to coaching, player development, and execution.

No excuses. Finish the drill. No reason why we can't go undefeated next season. And if we don't at least make the playoffs then we've failed miserably.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida and Bama....by far the biggest games. The emotion alone seems to carry UGA with FL. Bama's spell must be broken and will be this year. I can see a no loss season and win in SECCG. Depends a lot on coaching and game plan. UGA oozes talent. Kelee Ringo I think will start...so will Kendall Milton and Darnell Washington. The WRs? Not sure which signees will step in with Pickens. We have several who are and will be outstanding. Our defensive secondary needs to shine...Clemson found that out last night against LSU. If all coalesces early..UGA will be unstoppable. At worst,we lose one but win SEC East for sure. IMO. PS...we need Broderick Jones to sign in please! And Sedrick Van Pran. The potential with this 2020 team is the best I've seen in years. Very positive. GO DAWGS!!! This your year!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope you're right, Connor. I can certainly see the season go as you've called it. I can see it being a bit worse, too. There are things that no one ever figures on -- injuries to key players, bad penalties (or calls), suspended players, the weather. You just never know. I've said it before and I say it again. Who had LSU anywhere NEAR a championship at this time last year. And the great Joe Burrow? He was a 200-1 long shot to win the Heisman trophy. So you know, who knows.

But speaking of LSU, I'm glad they won on behalf of the SEC. But I wouldn't have minded Clemson winning, either, just so Orgeron and Burrow could eat some humble pie. Alas, they won and get all the spoils, including the right to gloat.

I must admit, though, that LSU played the way I always HOPE the Dawgs will play. A quarterback that is agile enough to avoid just going down in heap whenever a lineman gets close to him. A QB who is deadly accurate with his passes, EVEN when he is on the move. A quarterback who is UNAFRAID to throw to his receivers even if they APPEAR to be covered when he throws the ball. And, UNAFRAID to try again if it doesn't work the first time, or the second. Or the third.

They had wide receivers who didn't have to "create separation" to catch a pass. They caught passes even when they were covered, and they caught them in traffic. They didn't make senseless drops, which showed that they were CONCENTRATING on every play.

Their O-Line, largely unheralded at the beginning of the season, became the best in the nation because they worked. You didn't hear a lot of talk about them, they just worked. Yes, some will say that Burrow's elusiveness helped them, but go back and look at the film. Those boys just kept people off Burrow, too. A lot of times, he was standing STILL AND UNTOUCHED in the pocket. And when they called running plays, they opened up true holes and running lanes. Not just a standstill with the defense where the running back had to earn most of his yards on his own.

A running back who ran and caught the ball and didn't go down as soon as someone touched him. And who, while not noted for his speed, consistently outran defenders.

LSU's defense was oft-maligned this year, but when healthy, they played as well as anyone, especially the DB's. I hear and read a lot about UGA's great secondary but when I watch the game, more often than not, our guys aren't actually DEFENDING plays as much as QBs's are making poor throws or wide-open receivers are dropping catches. Our DB's are OFTEN trailing on plays, but yet we hear how they have so much speed. I've yet to see that speed on display. Meanwhile, LSU's DB's just locked down everybody, and that freshman, Stingley, could go to the NFL today and start. He plays the right way. He runs with the receiver, not grabbing and pulling, and when the receiver looks, he looks and makes a play on THE BALL, not the man.

So year, while LSU is arrogant as heck, they're deserving. They won every game and only one (Auburn) was really close. None of this, nailbiting, down to the last play stuff we suffered through. So I look at them with envy and say, we have the talent at UGA. Why can't we play like that? I hope we will. Go Dawgs.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DallasDawg: "Who had LSU anywhere NEAR a championship at this time last year......" Same with UGA, DD.....who has them anywhere near a championship team this year at this time. Well, a couple three of us do..I for one. QB is our bugbear. How well will Jamie Newman match UGA game plan? If it isn't Jamie...then who? Get that settled and UGA is off and running...literally. Secondly, what is the game plan? Is it that sneaky new look we got a peek at twice? That reverb that did not work with LSU but was on the right track and did work against Baylor...I feel was not a #7 caliber team. It is a beginning...not an end! That in mind....we see a new vigor toward a more open offense.....five fresh new WR faces and a tight end the envy of the SEC..plus our super WR George Pickens. Just a beginning but a good one! Catch a few breaks and UGA just might be sitting in the catbird seat come December.