Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football projected starting lineman cleared to return from injury

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football projected starting lineman cleared to return from injury

Georgia football offensive lineman Justin Shaffer announced on his Twitter account he has been cleared to return from a neck injury and resume workouts

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I can see in this article is a ton of work to do by Matt Luke on the UGA offensive line. We need to SIGN Broderick Jones...! UGA will have some young guns for sure.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The O-line will be key to Georgia so we need all our big guys stepping up. Luke will bring much more energy to this group. Not sure how well Matt can recruit as compared to Pittman but I do believe he will have our big guys playing with a lot more intensity and playing faster than Sam did.

I am really interested in the 2 deep at offensive line.

• Options
    WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Article says Newman at left guard. Dual threat guard.

Way to mix up offense.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Broderick's elite athleticism not just his size is what makes him so intriguing and I believe the favorite to be the starting LT against Virginia. Luke wants a more athletic OL and Jones is the first peg. The straight ahead run blocking scheme and getting beat at the point of attack left for Arkansas and a new day is dawning for our big guys! I'm stoked!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Newman at guard? Seriously? Do you ever actually read what you write? Lazy.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

I want to see Netori Johnson play along the O Line !

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good news you say? Yay!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was also curious if they'd consider moving him back. He's been focusing so long on D line I'm not sure if it would be easy or not. Seems easy to me, but I'd defer to someone with better know how on D line play vs O line p lay.

• Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great Question! It is incredibly difficult to move back from D-line to O-line or vice-versa. There are some out there who can do it, but not many. It comes down to foot work, hands and setup, which is a totally different skill set. I think Netori is a freak of an athlete, but that would be a huge ask for the team. History shows it effects their ability to play at the next level and I am hoping they leave him on the interior and let him earn playing time there.