Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football expected to announce 'Air Raid' expert Todd Monken joining staff

2»

Comments

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

ESPN is reporting that Monken is the new OC and Coley will be assigned to "other duties".

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bold move by Kirby - Love it! Sorry but the offense under Coley was staler than week old bread. Hopefully Coley stays on staff as he is an excellent recruiter, but he was out of his element as the offensive architect. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Monken did say he wants to call the plays...or at least prefers to. I suspect he will as Coley is assigned to "other duties." Coley may stay on to see if Monken pans out? May not? Lots of coaches in the carousel this year. Smart is making nigh on to wholesale changes in his offense.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is great news if we can pass the ball efficiently and learn how to beat people in 1on 1 situations by scheming them up we might be in for a real good season. No more run run pass

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Imagine scoring 40 points a game to go along with our defense.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

If this guy did that at Tampa Bay with Rapist Winston and Fitzpatrick imagine what he can do with some QB’s with half a brain! Notice too that he did this with 2 different QB’s at the helm. This bodes well for his ability to manage the dynamics of all the talent we have in our QB room.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So imagine Kirby came out after the SC loss and says, “yes, media/fans, your 100% correct, our OC is scheming terribly and was a bad hire,”.

There is a certain level of coach speak required to run elite programs, otherwise you end up washed up.... like Les Miles or Butch Jones.

What coach with any testicular fortitude is going to join his staff? Remarks like this are embarrassing to our fan base. The majority of us would rather support the program and keep condescending opinions to myself... it’s called class and dignity. Give it a try.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The defense will suffer from this as all air raid and spread team's defenses does. I hope he doesn't take away the power game. This is the perfect roster to blend the 2 offenses into 1.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Expectations, of a great offense this season with several changes, at QB and coaching, will believe it when I see it though. It would be great if the offense improves at least 30% in scoring TD's, compared to field goals. UGA should have the weapons on offense, can the coaches do their job and coach them up. As great as the defense was this past season, the offense was lacking. You can't run, run, run up the dang middle against stacked defenses, and that sadly was our main play call over and over every game. Boos raining down from Dawg fans at home games, because they were tired of the same offensive schemes. They were not booing the players, but the coaches that called the plays.

On paper we see changes, but will we see it in better performances on the field? Some of the answers should be known September the 7th against Virginia. If they can't beat Virginia, woe but us in 12 days against the TIDE.

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope we are not going to be an air raid type offense ! All I see from teams like that is a tired defense & them losing games 57 to 55 !