Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN names Georgia football breakout player for 2020 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,507 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageESPN names Georgia football breakout player for 2020 season

Georgia running back Zamir White has grown accustomed to high expectations by now. He entered Georgia as the No. 1 ranked running back in the country and a 5-star prospect. He'd been tabbed as a potential x-factor this past season, finally healthy after a second ACL injury. So now, as he enters 2020 as Georgia's

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Zeus, the White Knight, will be ready to joust come next season. Defenses beware - he's coming for you!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I look forward watching Zeus running over defenders next year. Go Dogs!

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's such a talented yet humble young man, and DGD. I'm really looking forward to him shin in '20.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BullDawg88888BullDawg88888 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Watch Zeus truck that DB as the DB tries to knock him out of bounds on that video. Oh yeah!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm happy for Zamir. He's been through a lot, and he'll finally come into the season fully healthy.

I agree that he will be even more of a threat because defenses won't be able to key on the run game near as much. He should have a great year...

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Zeus has had two torn ACLs. I hope this area is not weakened in any way. Looked good against Baylor. He said it felt fine. Zeus is young and likely fully healed. He will need to be for this upcoming season. Lots of touches and physical pressure. We are all behind him!!! GO ZEUS! PS...wondering what signee Milton will look like in the SEC?

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This year will be 2 years removed from his last ACL surgery so there repair has fully healed. He will continue to gain confidence in his cutting ability and drive. That is one of the biggest obstacles in getting back as close as he can to what he use to be. My son tore his ACL and PCL at the beginning of his junior year of high school. Surgeons told us then that once repaired that it would be stronger than before. However, regaining that confidence and removing the fear from his mind of it happening again would be an obstacle that different people would approach differently. He also said that once you tear one knee you have to work it out twice as hard because the tendency is to overwork your good knee to protect the repaired one often leading to a tear in the good knee. Thankfully my sons healed to what the doctor claimed to 95% and he went on to win region player of the year, all state first team, his teams most valuable player award and a few others his senior year.

i say all that to say Zamir will probably be even stronger next season because of the confidence he gained in the Sugar bowl with his knees under that load.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I know I'm not the first to make the comparison, but I'm optimistically expecting a Chubb-like progression.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations to your son, Tripp. Quite the comeback...hoping for the same with Zamir. Looks good so far. He has Chubb-like potential.

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

I look for Zamir to have a great season. He is not Swift nor is anyone else on the team. Let Zamir be Zamir and he will get the job done!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's very possible we have White running the rock between the hedges for only one productive season and then straight to the NFL. His first year-injury, second year-a few carries, third year-hopefully great and then bound for the NFL. I wish redshirt sophomores were not eligible for the draft. A redshirt for a five star is, in any form, most often a guarantee you will only enjoy their talents for two seasons.

Go Zamir, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great kid and has worked hard to be able to recover and play he deserves all the good things he gets in life