Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5-star Brock Vandagriff breaks down unofficial, shares plan for quick return

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

image5-star Brock Vandagriff breaks down unofficial, shares plan for quick return

The nation's No. 1 QB for 2021 was in Athens on Saturday. He will be back in Athens for a very quick return trip. How did things go for Prince Avenue Christian junior QB Brock Vandagriff?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the hiring of Monken, I really like GA's chances with Vandagriff. Hopefully, he commits soon and starts helping build the 2021 recruiting class.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Caleb Williams is better imo jk I would be happy if either Commits To The G!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's a DAWG - take it to the bank, cause it's money. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Life, I like and respect your takes. Do you have an opinion of which QB is the most accurate passer? I don't put much stock in the pro vs. dual threat monikers.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Deshon Watson got away.Trevor Lawrence got away. We want Caleb Williams this time!!!!!!!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trey,

And if we get Caleb and then Brock becomes the big star, will you say we let our instate #1 QB get away? I also like Caleb, but I notice the so called experts (247 composite) only scored him a “6” on passing accuracy. That’s not impressive even though he’s slightly faster than Brock. My vote is we take the first of those two QBs to commit. In fact, let’s take both of them. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a regular follower of recruiting trends, QB is the one position that leads all other position groups in making their commitment choice. Already 7 of the top ten QB's and 13 of the top 20 (65%) have made their decision. But across all position groups, just five of the top-20, including 2 QB's, have made their choice.

QB prospects understand they are the key player to build a class around. I'd be very surprised if B Vandagriff doesn't make his decision by March 1st.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good points Mark and I agree the great QBs usually commit early. I think Brock and Caleb know the clock is ticking on their decisions if they are both sincerely interested in UGa. I doubt seriously they will both commit to the same school so I think it’s a race to be first (assuming they both want UGa). I’ll be surprised if Brock piddles around on this decision. My bet is he will commit in the next 2-3 days if he wants to be a Dawg.