Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN labels Georgia football a loser of 2020 NFL Draft early entry process

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageESPN labels Georgia football a loser of 2020 NFL Draft early entry process

Anytime you lose one of the best running backs in the SEC, both starting offensive tackles and a three-year starter at quarterback to the NFL Draft, you're going to be branded as a team that did not come out as a winner of the NFL draft's early entry process. And that is the case for the Georgia Bulldogs. Georgia saw

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well I guess this article blows up some of these dawg posters that were posting on here 3 or 4 weeks ago about something going on internally that was making Georgia players want to leave early and even stated that Alabama, Clemson and LSU wasn’t having that issue. I took it as they were pointing the finger at Kirby.

So now we learn that LSU actually has more and Alabama has the same.

Also, I agree with Rittenberg on Solomon Kindley. I think he would have greatly benefited from coming back. As a matter of fact, when the 2020 offense lights up the scoreboard and stat sheet because of the addition of a new OL coach, QB coach and OC Coach , I think a couple others that declared would have faired better in next years draft.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree Tripp. Looked at this piece and said...what? Bama and the Tigers match or exceed UGA early departures. ESPN must have it in for the UGA. I guess they were tripping on the draft grades of UGA players as not going in higher rounds so should have taken their senior year to improve....Fromm included. Maybe, but it is the player's choice. Some are in it for the money. Any number of reasons. I believe many just want out of college football as soon as they can and into the pro ranks.

• Options
    LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Au contraire, mon frere. I believe that it will be parlayed into success on the recruiting trail by pointing out to recruits that if they come to Georgia they will be quickly developed into NFL-caliber players. Come to Georgia; we'll play you a lot, you'll be developed and you'll alternate with other players to keep you fresh and healthy, and in 3 years you'll be ready for the draft if that's the path you wish to follow.

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate the title... Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

ESPN can say what they wish - it makes for many clicks on their article, and little else. If we had a single shooter, or even a six shooter, such might be a problem. But we now have a semi-automatic will a full clip, thus we need not worry like most teams who do not recruit anyway near the caliber (high caliber rifle type) recruits that we do. Though some may self-eject prematurely, we need not reload, for our clip still has plenty of ammo. We reload with enough high caliber recruits during off-season that this remain no problem. **** on that, ESPN.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look, Clemson and Bama reload every single year and they rarely skip a beat. That's the nature of the game, and if you want to be an elite team that recruits the best players year-after-year then you can expect some of those players to leave early for the NFL. You are also going to lose players to the transfer portal now. SO, you'd better figure out - A) how to coach and B) how to develop your players quickly and effectively. Otherwise, you'll never keep up with the consistently best teams.

I love seeing Kirby make his coaching moves. And we lost some players but have created many opportunities, and no one should be anything but pumped up and excited about 2020!!

GO YOU HAIRY DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Early departures aside, 2020 we will field our most talented team in school history. I also feel the team chemistry will be special by the time we play BAMa. It is going to be a fun year, yet again.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We did lose a ton. But that's what good teams do I guess.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone who loses a player early, it might be considered a loss... and a loss is a loss. But "Loser" by putting players in the draft??? Don't think so. Winners! If im going to continue regurgitating old ESPN stories this is one I would not choose to copy and reprint.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was already aware of the departures on offense as well as everybody staying on defense, but reading the article I realized that maybe the reason why the offensive players are leaving early is because of the struggles on that side of the ball. The defense was elite, and everybody loves a winner...

Looks like Smart picked the right time to upgrade the offense. It's a shame that some of the Juniors who only have a 50-50 chance at making it in the NFL didn't stay. I hate seeing those players give up their Senior year and not make it.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fromm probably didn't want to deal with Coley again.